3D Barcode Scanner Market Outlook - 2030
A 3D barcode scanner is an electronic device that reads 3D barcodes printed on paper, mobile phone or computer displays. It comprises a source of light, a lens, and a light sensor that converts optical impulses into electrical ones. It is used to track a part on the line to analyze production efficiency or to account for the amount of man hours required to produce a particular item.
This can help the organization to save money on production costs by reducing underpriced products. 3D barcode scanners can be utilized as an inventory system and for purchases. Before being loaded into a truck or train, the items are scanned, so they can be checked when they arrive. In the coming years, 3D barcode scanners will become increasingly common in production, affecting the prices and savings of industrial manufacturing enterprises significantly.
The global 3D barcode scanner market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, application, industry vertical and region. Based on type, the market is divided into fixed and portable. In terms of technology, the market is categorized into pen-type reader, laser scanner, CCD Reader, image type red light, and others. On the basis of application, the market is divided into inventory control and management, error optimization, biometrics, and others. In terms of industry vertical, the 3D barcode scanner market is segregated into retail & commercial, healthcare, logistics, general manufacturing, defense, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global 3D barcode scanner industry include Toshiba Tec Corporation, ZIH Corp, Cognex Corporation, Scandit, Honeywell International Inc., Datalogic S.p.A., RIOTEC CO., LTD., Wasp Barcode Technologies, Code Corporation, Bluebird Inc.. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global 3D barcode scanner market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Attributed to COVID-19, countries around the world imposed lockdown. For example, India had enforced a curfew from March 25th, 2020 throughout the country. During the lockdown, retail stores and movie theatres in malls were shut. Barcode scanners are commonly found in retail stores and movie theatres.
- Barcode scanner firms are expected to create excellent crisis-management methods, with a focus on next-generation products and solutions to emerge strong from the COVID-19 issue. For instance, Honeywell launched ThermoRebellion temperature monitoring system, which employs artificial intelligence and infrared imaging technology to check the temperature of people entering a facility.
Top Impacting Factors
Shopping in supermarkets and hypermarkets has become a daily activity, particularly in major cities around the world. Supermarket and hypermarket personnel are finding it difficult to manage long lines and crowded billing counters. Digitalization, on the other hand, has caused a fundamental shift in shopping activities. Installing 3D barcode technology can help retailers improve turnaround times. Electronic shopping systems are helping retailers reinvent themselves to relieve pressure on their employees and provide a better customer shopping experience. However, the expensive cost of barcode scanners, the hassle of transferring the barcode scanner from one location to another, and certain shopkeepers’ lack of awareness of the barcode scanner machine are predicted to create hurdles for the 3D barcode scanner market.
New product Launches to Boost the 3D Barcode Scanner Market
Juniper Systems Inc., Honeywell International, Inc., and others are exploring a variety of strategic measures to improve their market presence, including new product development, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, and partnerships as well as acquisitions. These approaches enable market participants to defend their distinct market positions. For instance, Datalogic S.p.A. launched new Gryphon 4200 linear imager series in November 2020. Healthcare applications, ticketing, entertainment access control, retail POS checkout, order processing, and industrial work-in-progress applications are all applications for the new product.
Surge in Usage in Healthcare Sector and Manufacturing Industry
In the manufacturing and retail industries, barcode scanners are becoming highly popular such as Costco's, Carrefour's, and IKEA's. It has evolved into one of the most effective methods for gathering product data. Product count, manufacturing date, expiry date for perishable products, retail price, date on which the product was provided to retailer, and other information can be recorded using barcodes imprinted on labels. As a result, the 3D barcode scanner market growth is expected to accelerate throughout the projected timeline. Furthermore, attributed to COVID-19, there is a surge in demand from the healthcare sector for drug identification, medication management, patient identification, and others, which use barcode technology.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the 3D barcode scanner market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the 3D barcode scanner market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the 3D barcode scanner market trends and growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the 3D barcode scanner market analysis.
- The report provides a detailed analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the 3D Barcode Scanner Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the 3D barcode scanner market size?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the 3D barcode scanner market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is 3D barcode scanner?
- What does a 3D barcode scanner allow organizations to achieve?
3D Barcode Scanner Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Motorola Solutions Inc., SATO Holdings Corporation, Denso Wave Inc., Barcodes Inc., Cognex Corporation, Honeywell Inc., Zebra Technologies Corp., Unitech Electronics Co. Ltd., Opticon Sensors Europe BV, Datalogic S.p.A.