3D bioprinting is a medical application of 3D printers. This technique involves 3D printing of biological tissues and organs through layering of living cells. The process of 3D bioprinting mainly comprises of three stages, namely, pre-bioprinting, bioprinting, and post-bioprinting. During the process of 3D bioprinting the cell function and viability of the output construct is preserved, which can be used for R&D in various medical areas. 3D bioprinting is mainly employed for developing organ and tissue constructs which can be used for research and development of drugs, scaffolds, and development of medical implants.
The global 3D bioprinting market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to factors such as technological advancements for manufacturing customized products, increasing geriatric population, and increasing focus on R&D investment. Although, these factors boost the growth of the market, the dearth of skilled professionals to operate the technologically advanced 3D bioprinters can pose as a major obstacle for the growth of 3D bioprinting market.
The 3D bioprinting market is segmented based on technology, application, and region. Based on technology, the market is divided into syringe, pneumatic extrusion, inkjet, and laser-based 3D bioprinting. Based on application, the 3D bioprinting market is segmented into tissue & organ regeneration, 3D cell culture, and pharmaceuticals. The market is analyzed based on four geographical regions, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The 3D bioprinting market is highly competitive in nature, with major players focused on creating awareness regarding the industry. Major players in the 3D bioprinting market host exhibition and seminars to display and promote the use of 3D bioprinters for diverse medical applications. The prominent players in the 3D bioprinting market have adopted various strategies for development, such as product innovation, product launches and approvals, and investment in R&D for advancements in 3D bioprinters, to sustain the competitive environment of the global 3D bioprinting market. The major players in the 3D bioprinting market include Organovo Holdings Inc., EnvisionTEC GmbH, Nano3D Biosciences, Inc., Cyfuse Biomedical K.K., BioBots, Aspect Biosystems Ltd., 3Dynamic Systems Ltd, and others.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global 3D bioprinting market.
- Comprehensive analysis of geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the global market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise 3D bioprinting market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
3D Bioprinting Market Key Segments
- Syringe-based 3D Bioprinting
- Pneumatic Extrusion- based 3D Bioprinting
- Inkjet-based 3D Bioprinting
- Laser-based 3D Bioprinting
- Tissue & Organ Regeneration
- 3D Cell Culture
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA