3D bioprinting is a medical application of 3D printers. This technique involves 3D printing of biological tissues and organs through layering of living cells. The process of 3D bioprinting mainly comprises of three stages, namely, pre-bioprinting, bioprinting, and post-bioprinting. During the process of 3D bioprinting, the cell function and viability of the output construct is preserved, which can be used for R&D in various medical areas. 3D bioprinting is mainly employed for developing organ and tissue constructs, which can be used for R&D of drugs, scaffolds, and development of medical implants.
In April 2019, ADAM launched 3D bioprinting of organic bone structures. It uses innovative approaches and combination of new materials for 3D printing. One is biopolymer and another one is a ceramic bioglass. The market players have adopted new product launches, product development, product approval, partnerships, agreement, and collaborations as its key business development strategies to guarantee their global dominance in 3D bioprinting market.
The global 3D bioprinting market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to factors such as technological advancements for manufacturing customized products, increase in geriatric population, and rise in focus on R&D investment. In addition, increase in usage of 3D printing in cosmetic surgeries and inventions in the 3D bioprinting are expected to further supplement the 3D bioprinting market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, the wide gap between the demand and the supply of organ transplants signifies a huge requirement amongst the patients and the doctors and the emerging 3D bioprinting technologies has a strong potential in filling this gap. Although these factors boost the growth of the market, the dearth of skilled professionals to operate the technologically advanced 3D bioprinters can pose as a major obstacle for the growth of 3D bioprinting market. Conversely, increase in stem cell research and growth in awareness related to 3D bioprinting are expected to offer remunerative opportunities for the 3D bioprinting market players.
The 3D bioprinting market is segmented based on technology, material, application, and region. Based on technology, the market is divided into syringe, pneumatic extrusion, inkjet, and laser. Based on material, the market is categorized into cells, hydrogels, extracellular matrices, and biomaterials. Based on application, the market is classified into tissue & organ regeneration, 3D cell culture, and pharmaceutical. Region wise, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The market is highly competitive in nature, with major players focused on creating awareness regarding the 3D bioprinting industry. Major players in the 3D bioprinting market host exhibition and seminars to display and promote the use of 3D bioprinters for diverse medical applications. The prominent players in the market have adopted various strategies for development, such as product innovation, product launches & approvals, and investment in R&D for advancements in 3D bioprinters, to sustain the competitive environment of the global 3D bioprinting market. The major players in the 3D bioprinting market include Organovo Holdings Inc., EnvisionTEC GmbH, Nano3D Biosciences, Inc., Cyfuse Biomedical K.K., BioBots, Aspect Biosystems Ltd., 3Dynamic Systems Ltd, and others.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current 3D bioprinting market trends and 3D bioprinting market forecast estimations from 2018 to 2025, which assists to identify the prevailing 3D bioprinting market opportunities.
- An in-depth 3D bioprinting market analysis includes analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global 3D bioprinting market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise 3D bioprinting market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current 3D bioprinting market trends and future market potential from 2018 to 2025 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the 3D bioprinting market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global 3D bioprinting market.
Key Market Segments
- Pneumatic Extrusion
- Extracellular Matrices
- Tissue & Organ Regeneration
- 3D Cell Culture
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA