3D IC and 2.5D IC Market Statistics - 2030
3D IC is a metal oxide semiconductor produced by piling silicon wafers one after another and interconnecting them vertically. Their stacking is done in such a way that they act as a single device and improve performance at reducing power and small footprint than the 2D process. While in 2.5D IC, there is a stacking of the dies, but the dies are packed into a single package and both are flipped-chipped on a silicon interposer. Due to multiple leading players in the market, the competitive landscape of the global 3D IC and 2.5D IC market is fragmented. Although a handful of established companies have a stronghold on the global market. Several notable developments can be witnessed in this market.
Impacts of COVID-19 on 3D IC and 2.5D IC Market-
- The emergence of COVID-19 has a great impact on 3D IC and 2.5D IC market in not only the countries but also in different industries across the world. Furthermore, the lockdown and restrictions have forced people to work from home.
- The consumer electronics sector is one of the most widely affected sectors followed by automotive and industrial electronics. Furthermore, not only electronic companies but companies who manufacture the parts of these electronic devices are also affected.
- Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the industries have witnessed an imbalance in the economy as well as in the supply chain. However, many governments have started investing in the semiconductor industry. Therefore, we can expect growth in the 3D IC and 2.5D IC market during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the introduction of 5G technology is expected to increase the sales of smartphones and since these silicon wafers are used in manufacturing smartphones, we can expect growth in the 3D IC and 2.5D IC Market.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, and Drivers
Among any other electronic circuit, 3D IC and 2.5D IC have the best electronic architecture. Among millennial these compact, handy yet advanced electronic devices are becoming very popular. The key components among the electronic devices are IC packages. Thus, growing demand and sales are directly responsible for the 3D IC and 2.5D IC market growth.
Furthermore, as technologies, such as artificial intelligence, 5G, high-performance computer, are continuing to evolve in our world, the demand for these semiconductors are also escalating. These devices are used to enhance performance, lower the latency, and increase the bandwidth and power efficiency of electronic devices. Moreover, factors, such as the growing use of advanced architecture in electronic products, the rising trend of miniaturization of electronic devices, and the growing market for tablets, smartphones, and gaming devices, are some of the other drivers of this market. However, current unit cost, low volumes, and implementation risks of ICs restraint the growth of the 3D IC and 2.5D IC market.
Furthermore, in the manufacturing of these silicon wafers, thermal energy is required. Sometimes, the difference in coefficient of thermal expansion manufacturing defects and malfunctions can occur.
Furthermore, the demand for silicon wafers is increasing; hence, companies are trying to push their boundaries by innovating technologies such as 3D IC and 2.5D IC. The demand for new and better technology is growing day by day. Thus, companies are more focused on product development and are investing money for their R&D, which is opportunistic for the market. Well-established companies in the 3D IC and 2.5D IC market are trying to come up with better and advanced versions of these devices. For instance, ASE is introducing high-density Fan Out technology for die stacking & multi-die solutions to achieve high bandwidth & high performance across the market landscape, addressing a demand from high-density data centers to consumer & mobile space.
Furthermore, as the number of competitors increases in the market, innovation of advanced products also increases. To ensure operational efficiency with added convenience and increased productivity, global companies have started introducing 3D IC and 2.5D IC in different programmable logic. For instance, Intel Corp. is leading the market in-field programming gate arrays. Moreover, the growing consumer electronics sector, particularly for smartphones and tablets has a high demand for 3D IC and 2.5D IC packaging technology. Computing workload has evolved a lot in the past few decades. Packaging technology, which was just backend process and inconvenience are now brought to the forefront for innovation and they are critical to product performance function and cost.
Major Advantages of the Research on 3D IC and 2.5D IC Market
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the 3D IC and 2.5D IC market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the 3D IC and 2.5D IC market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the 3D IC and 2.5D IC market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed 3D IC and 2.5D IC market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years
Questions Answered in the 3D IC and 2.5D IC Market Research Report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the 3D IC and 2.5D IC market?
- What are the detailed impacts of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
3D IC and 2.5D IC Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Toshiba Corporation, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd., Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Group, Amkor Technology, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.