3D Printing Elastomers Market Analysis
3D printing can be referred to as a method of production in which the material is stacked up in layers under computer control to form a three-dimensional (3D) model. The materials used in this process are called elastomers. They are mostly rubbery material mainly composed of large molecules. Elastomers can be made of plastics, natural rubber, liquids, and polyurethane. Flexibility, durability, high thermal stability, and resistance are some of the important properties of elastomers, which help in creating perfect 3D printing models.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- Along with 3D printing, it is possible to create; personalized organ models to help in the medical field.
- In this way, 3D printing field is offering new possibilities in the field of medicine to create tissue or organ models and solve donor problems.
- Electronics and automotive industries suffered due to COVID-19, owing to decreased consumer spending
- Automotive sector witnessed decreased in sales in 2020 owing to outbreak of COVID-19. This is attributed to decreased consumer spending. This resulted in decreased demand for 3D printed elastomers from the automotive industry
- Some of the major countries having established aerospace and defense consumer base witnessed highest COVID-19 cases, which halted the manufacturing activities. Some of the major countries with established aerospace sector are Germany, Italy, UK, France, and others.
Top Impacting Factors
Factors contributing toward market growth are favorable government policies for boosting the 3D printing industry, increased demand from consumer goods industry, and others. However, the high cost of elastomers is one of the major factors that hinders the market growth. In addition, less awareness about 3D printed products in developing regions is one of the challenging factors for the industrial participants. Furthermore, high initial cost is also one the challenging factors for market players. North America is among the significant regions in the market. This is attributed to heavy investment in R&D in 3D printing technology, consumer acceptance, and awareness for 3D printing elastomer products, and others.
- There is an increase in the demand for 3D printing products owing to its benefits such as high-speed production, less operating cost, and others
- The increase in market share of developing countries in the aerospace sector is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the industrial participants
- Some of the countries such as India had decided to increase its expenditure on medical sector which is projected to boost the adoption of 3D printed products
- The market players are adopting strategies such as business expansion, collaboration, and joint venture to enter in the emerging markets such as South East Asia, Latin America, and others
- The 3D printing elastomers are majorly being used in health care and medical sectors. Surgical, Dental and Healthcare products are made with liquid silicone rubber (LSR) materials in elastomers.
- The manufacturers are focusing on reducing the raw material costs for surviving in the market. A series of new services and products is expected to launch in recent years.
- Some of the key players in this market include Stratasys Lt., 3D Systems Corporation, EOS GmbH, Electro-Optical Systems, Concept-Laser GmbH, ExOne Co., Arcam AB (GE Aviation), SLM Solutions Group AG, Hewlett Packard Inc., Materialise NV (ADR), and Proto Labs Inc.
- There is an increase in the adoption of 3D printing technologies in the developing regions owing to fast developing consumer base such as aerospace, automotive, medical, and others.
- There is a surge in the demand for 3D printed elastomers from the automotive industry. This is because of increased need of high-performance and lightweight materials in vehicle production.
- Lightweight materials such as elastomers decrease the weight of the vehicle adding up to the fuel efficiency of the vehicle.
- Reuse and recycle of elastomers are going to be seen in near future.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the 3D printing elastomers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the 3D printing elastomers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the 3D printing elastomers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed 3D printing elastomers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the 3D Printing Elastomers Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the 3D printing elastomers market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "3D printing elastomers "?
- What is "3D printing elastomers” market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "3D printing elastomers” market?
- What are the key benefits of the “3D printing elastomers “market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own 3D printing elastomers market economy altogether and for every segment inside?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
3D printing Elastomers Market Report Highlights
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
ExOne Co., Materialise NV (ADR), Proto Labs Inc.,, Stratasys Lt, Concept-LaserGmbH, Arcam AB (GE Aviation), EOS GmbH, SLM Solutions Group AG, 3D Systems Corporation, Hewlett Packard Inc, Electro-Optical Systems