3D Xpoint Memory Market Statistics - 2030
3D XPoint is a non-volatile memory (NVM) technology. Less expensive and denser than dynamic RAM (DRAM), XPoint is more costly than NAND flash but is considerably faster while using less power. It has unique attributes. Like all RAM chips (DRAM and SRAM), XPoint is byte addressable and can thus be used like main memory or as a secondary RAM bank. Because it is non-volatile, it can also replace an SSD or hard drive or be used in conjunction with them.
3D X technology is new long-term persevering storage memory which perform 10 times faster than flash memory. The 3D X technology will intimidating big data centre because the technology has ability can turn huge amount data in value bale information’s and decision making in real time. This technology is new transformation in memory market and it will keep growing.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The most important aspect which is driving the 3D XPoint market is the high degree of performance and reduced latency as compared to DRAM and NAND. This technology is compare to NAND technology are low cost and large capacity storage. There are several other aspects driving the global 3D XPoint market, such as high performance, capacity storage, memory and endurance at a reasonable cost which are the key drivers for the technology. The technology helps in storing large volume of data utilizing small space which results in reduced costs.
The demand of memory storage technology in electronic applications is continuously growing which is further driving the market of 3D Xpoint. This technology has huge opportunities in the education, healthcare, automotive and retail applications as large number of memory storage technology applications are being adopted. However, market is witnessing high interface limitation which is anticipated hampering the growth of the market.
The global memory market is dominated by two technologies which are DRAM and NAND. However, as the technological landscape is changing the level of competition is increasing rapidly. 3D XPoint technology is one such advanced technology for memory storage, representing the transformation of memory storage technology. The technology helps in moving the data and trapping electrons in an efficient way. Bit storing is created when there is a bulk change, in combination with a stackable cross-gridded data access array.
3D XPoint technology is an effective alternative to both the present memory storage technologies which are DRAM and NAND. The technology is a hybrid memory technology which includes best offerings of flash memory. The technology has a different design structure which is faster and more rigid as compared to the NAND flash. In addition to this, the technology has the high storage capacity as compared to the conventional memory storage. The 3D XPoint configuration process is simple. It is a combination of memory cell and selector which stores each and every bit of the memory securely. The technology reduced the need of transistor during the read and write processes by maintaining the amount of voltage sent to its selector.
COVID-19 impact Analysis:
- The emergence of COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected almost all industries across the world. Further, lockdown enforcements and restrictions on movements of non-essential goods as well as resources in various countries has disrupted the value chain of many industries.
- The possibility that Micron or Western Digital might acquire flash memory and SSD manufacturer Kioxia for perhaps $30 billion comes at a time when the United States is looking at ways to lower its reliance on foreign production of semiconductors and other critical components. For Micron, the deal would come on the heels of its recent decision to exit the production of 3D XPoint memory technology, which it initially developed in a joint venture with Intel. It would give Micron the opportunity to expand its already large flash memory development and manufacturing capabilities. Western Digital and Toshiba Memory also jointly invested in flash memory manufacturing in Japan before Toshiba spun out Kioxia. That relationship continues. Kioxia earlier this year broke ground on a new Japan-based facility for manufacturing its proprietary 3D flash memory BiCS FLASH
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of 3D Xpoint memory market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the 3D Xpoint memory market.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the application software market growth scenario.
- We can also determine parking system will remain a significant revenue shareholder in the 3D Xpoint memory market through the predictable future.
Questions answered in the 3D XPoint Memory Market report.
- What is the aim of 3D XPoint Memory Market?
- Which are the leading market players active 3D XPoint Memory Market
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the various issues, benefits and trends?
- Which are the leading market players active in the 3D Xpoint memory market
3D Xpoint Memory Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
SK Hynix, Inc., Mushkin Inc., IM Flash, Toshiba Corp., Western Digital Corp., Numonyx B.V., Sandisk Corporation., Samsung Group., Micron Technology, Inc., Intel Corporation