5G Infrastructure Equipment Market Statistics - 2030
5G network hardware and network communication devices that support 5G technology are used for wireless communication network, telecommunication, and broadcasting through 5G networks comes under 5G infrastructure equipment. Improved connectivity, low latency, and high speed are some of the features provided by 5G, the 5th generation telecommunication. 5G technology can transfer large amount of data within one millisecond or even lower time span. This equipment includes 5G mico towers, power supply, antennas, and optical fiber cable. 5G infrastructure equipment are used to improve performance and reliability, due to which many industries are trying to harness the benefits of 5G technology.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on 5G Infrastructure Equipment Market-
- The emergence of COVID-19 has a huge impact on not only the countries but also different industries across the world. Furthermore, lockdown and restrictions have affected the supply chain of many industries.
- Furthermore, 5G technology is used in smart phones, smart watches, and home automation systems. However, the production of these products is highly affected due to COVID-19. Many smartphone OMEs have stopped their production, which resulted in the decline in the month-on-month shipments of smart phones.
- Moreover, many government agencies and telecommunication operators have postponed their 5G spectrum auction, which has greatly affected the production and export of 5G equipment.
- However, increasing demand for low latency, high data transmission possibility, increasing implementation of automation technologies across industries are some of the reasons that post COVID-19, the 5G infrastructure equipment market is expected to grow.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Increase in adoption of digital technologies is expected to drive the market. Lockdown and restrictions during COVID-19 have forced the people to work from home, due to which many regions across the world have witnessed a 25% increase in web traffic. Thus, growing digital economy is one of the major driving factors of the 5G infrastructure equipment market. Increase in the use of digital premium content, internet and broadband penetration, growing in data absorption, digitization by governments, and developed nations are increasing. The increasing use of digitization will also increase the demand for more better, faster, low latency, and reliable network like 5G technology. Therefore, many organizations have started investing on the development of 5G technology. This will automatically give a boost to the 5G infrastructure equipment market.
Increase in cyber security threats is expected to restrain the 5G infrastructure equipment market
As the adoption of 5G technology increases, the chances of cyber-attack also increase. As more and more devices are connected, the risk of cyber-attack also increases. Chances of direct attack increases as 5G technology allows direct connection to cellular network unlike the conventional network. This causes security gaps in the network and attackers take advantages of such security gaps and come up with advanced attacks. Thus, increase in cyber security threats is one of the restraints of the 5G infrastructure equipment market. Furthermore, increase in geopolitical tensions amongst different nations is also one of the restraints of the 5G infrastructure equipment market. For instance, the ban on Huawei Technologies from increasing its reach geographically in the 5G infrastructure equipment market by the U.S. and the UK. There can be a negative impact on the key players of the market, thereby causing an effect on the 5G infrastructure equipment market due these cross-border tensions.
5G Infrastructure Equipment Market Trends
One of the market trends is fog computing. Fog computing is an extension of cloud computing. It provides low latency, load balancing, and flexible mobility support. Management of applications, which runs on 5G network and connections to back end data centers or cloud is handled by a centralized controller. Another popular trend is network function virtualization (NFV). Using virtual software applications, NVF lets network operator manage and expand their network capabilities. NVF allows network slicing, which will play an important role in 5Gnetworks and in future, 5G operators will offer flexibility to allocated speed, capacity, and coverage in logical slices according to the demands of each use case.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the 5G infrastructure equipment market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the 5G infrastructure equipment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the 5G infrastructure equipment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed 5G infrastructure equipment market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the 5G Infrastructure Equipment Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the 5G infrastructure equipment market?
- What are the detailed impacts of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
5G Infrastructure Equipment Market Report Highlights
By Communication Infrastructure
By Network Technology
Key Market Players
Qualcomm Technologies, Ericsson, Corning, Intel Corporations, Fujikura Co., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Verizon Communications, Beldon, Huawei Technologies Co., AT&T