5G Network Infrastructure Market Insights - 2030
5G network infrastructure is of two types, a standalone 5G network infrastructure and non-standalone 5G network infrastructure. A standalone network infrastructure does not depend on LTE network and has cloud native network core of its own. On the other side, a non-standalone network infrastructure partly relies on 4G LTE network infrastructure and core network. The resources that make internet connectivity, management, and business operations possible are known as network infrastructure. Macro-and small cells base station with edge computing capabilities together make 5G network infrastructure. The traditional cell tower that serves a wide area is called macro-cell while small towers are antennas, which transmit and receive higher band radio frequency spectrum. This high band radio frequency spectrum is used to transfer big data faster for shorter distance. Diversified service requirements can be met with the help of 5G network infrastructure. 5G networks have low latency, are ultra-reliable, and enhance mobile broadband for applications such as autonomous vehicles, augmented reality, and IoT devices.
Impact of COVID-19 on 5G Network Infrastructure Market-
- The emergence of COVID-19 has a great impact on not only the countries but also different industries across the world. Furthermore, lockdown and restrictions have affected the supply chain of many industries.
- Furthermore, 5G technology is used in smart phones, smart watches, and home automation systems. However, the production of these products is greatly affected due to COVID-19. Many smart phone OMEs have stopped their production, which resulted in the decline in the month-on-month shipments of the smart phones.
- Moreover, many government agencies and telecommunication operators have postponed their 5G spectrum auction, which has greatly affected the production and export of 5G equipment.
- Due to postpone in the spectrum auction, the trial needed to conduct for 5G network testing is also affected. The deployment of 5G network infrastructure has also stopped due to lockdown, thereby negatively affecting the growth of the market during the COVID-19 period.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Latency dependent applications, which are distributed at the edge of the network require high bandwidth, access to low latency, and real-time, which are provided by edge computing technology. Network operators can open new ecosystem and value chain with the help of edge computing. The main aim of edge computing is to remove network congestion and improve application. Host content and application come close to the edge of the network with the help of edge computing. This, implementing edge computing technology with 5G network infrastructure gives network operators different benefits and it is also one of the driving factors for the market growth.
However, 5G network infrastructure includes cables, and cell towers, which is a huge investment. Although operators are overcoming these challenges by deploying it phase by phase, but still the cost of 5G test equipment required is expensive. 5G network infrastructure investment could account up to 6% of the total revenue of wireless infrastructure of network operators. These figures were estimated by Gartner in 2019 and were expected to double by 2020. The investment cost is the major restraining factor for this market. Network infrastructure plays a vital role in bringing 5G to life, though it is not quite attractive as any 5G smart phones and PCs. 5G network infrastructure gives a multi-billion dollars opportunity, which is expected to grow up to $50 billion in the next five years. Therefore, major tech vendors have already started looking for opportunities to gain profit from this market. Companies are going to spend large sum of money to put necessary power and connectivity in place as 5G SA (standalone) implementation needs upgrade to 5G core network. Therefore, robust opportunities are created for those involved in investments of the transitions of 5G network infrastructure to 5G SA.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the 5G network infrastructure industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the 5G network infrastructure market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the 5G network infrastructure market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed 5G network infrastructure market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the 5G Network Infrastructure Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the 5G network infrastructure market?
- What are the detailed impacts of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
5G Network Infrastructure Market Report Highlights
By Communication Infrastructure
By Core Network Technology
By Network Architecture
By Operational Frequency
By End User
Key Market Players
Airspan Networks, CommScope Inc., AT&T, American Tower, China Mobile, Comba Telecom, Affirmed Networks Inc., Cisco Systems, Ciena Corporation, Ericsson