5G technology is the fifth-generation wireless technology, which is in its developmental stage, and is expected to be commercialized in the coming two to three years. The technologys operational speed is expected to be several times faster than the existing wireless technologies (1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G) and significantly penetrate the 2G and 3G wireless markets. High speed, faster download speed, low cost, and expansion in the Internet of Things (IOT) market drive the 5G technology market. This technology is expected to be utilized extensively in driverless cars, smart logistics, virtual reality, and augmented reality-based applications.
Nokia, Qualcomm, Samsung, and Ericsson have made few advancements in 5G technology by investing large capital on R&D activities. Partnership and acquisitions are the key developmental strategies adopted by the players in the market. For instance, in November 2016, Qualcomm and Samsung partnered to work on this technology. Similarly, Ericsson and Zain Group collaborated in December 2016 to perform R&D on this technology. The 5G technology is anticipated to have high adoption rates in the U.S., UK, China, and India, due to the presence of key technology players, increase in R&D activities, and development of the ICT infrastructure.
The market is segmented on the basis of technology type, services, application, and geography. The technology type segment is divided into Wi-Fi, HSPA, RAT, and GSM, and WIMAX. The market by services is segmented into extreme mobile broadband, Massive MTC, and ultra-reliable MTC. The market by application comprises driverless car, smart factory, smart logistics, smart agriculture, virtual reality & augmented reality, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players profiled in this report are Ericsson, Deutsche Telekom AG, Nokia Siemens Networks, Telecom Italia, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Orange S.A., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Qualcomm Inc., Telstra, and T-Mobile.
Potential Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the 5G technology market and offers current and future trends to identify lucrative investment pockets.
- It identifies key drivers, opportunities, and restraints that shape the market, with a detailed impact analysis.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to offer a competitive advantage to stakeholders to make profitable business decisions, thereby strengthening their networks.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall market potential and highlight the profitable trends to gain a stronger market foothold.
5G Technology Market Key Segmentation
By Technology Type
- High-Speed Package Access (HSPA)
- Radio Access Technologies (RAT)
- Global System for Mobile (GSM)
- Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WIMAX)
- Extreme Mobile Broadband
- Massive Machine-Type Communications (MTC)
- Ultra-Reliable Machine-Type Communications (MTC)
- Driverless Car
- Smart Factory
- Smart Logistics
- Smart Agriculture
- Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Telecom Italia
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Orange S.A.
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- Qualcomm Inc.