ADAS Market (Advanced Driver Assistance System) Market Overview:
Global Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Market is expected to garner $60.14 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 22.8% during the forecast period 2014 - 2020. Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) facilitates safe driving and warns the driver if the system detects risks from the surrounding objects. Deployment of ADAS in vehicles to enhance comfort and ensure safety on road has emerged as one of the major trends.
The system provides dynamic features such as adaptive cruise control, parking assistance, blind spot detection, lane departure warning, drowsiness monitoring, tire pressure monitoring and night vision. The developments in the automotive industry are not only limited to the enhancement in the design or engine but also cover the safety of a vehicle, passenger as well as pedestrian. The growth of the market is driven by increasing focus of consumers on safety, the impending demand for comfort in driving along with a rise in government regulations for ensuring safety. However, factors such as pricing pressure, inflation, complexity and difficulty in testing systems are some of the biggest challenges of this industry. The major trends prevailing in the market are increased electronic content and electronic integration, deployment of ADAS in low-cost cars and a rise in number of driverless cars.
The European automotive industry is one of the largest and most innovative automotive markets in the world. With a massive transformation in the industry, there is rapid market penetration and mass adoption of ADAS amongst customers. There are regular upgrades in the ADAS technology which facilitate competitiveness in the market. Recently, Toyotas R&D labs in Japan, have conceptualized a prototype of the high-definition imaging Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) sensor for its ADAS system. This 3D sensor can detect objects up to a range of 100m and operate in adverse weather conditions as well. The company will use this 3D sensor as a part of their ADAS system in their upcoming Toyota vehicles.
Key players in the Advanced Driver Assistance System market are Valeo, Magna International Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Autoliv Inc., Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Audi AG, BMW AG, Ford Motors Co. and General Motors (GM). The ADAS market is segmented on the basis of component and geography. Component has been further bifurcated into systems and sensors.
ADAS MARKET KEY BENEFITS:
- The report provides an in depth analysis of the ADAS market and offers current and future trends to identify lucrative investment pockets in the market
- The report identifies the key drivers, opportunities and restraints which shape the market and provides an impact analysis for the forecast period
- Porters five forces analysis provides a clear idea regarding the potency of the buyers and the suppliers participating in this market. This would further render a competitive advantage to the stakeholders
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends in order to gain a stronger foothold in the market
ADAS Market Key Segmentation:
The ADAS Market is segmented on the basis of component and geography.
- BY SYSTEM TYPE
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Drowsiness Monitor System
- Park Assist System
- Adaptive Cruise Control System
- Blind Spot Object Detection System
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Adaptive Front Lighting System
- Others (Night Vision System and Driver Monitoring System)
- BY SENSOR TYPE
- Ultrasonic Sensor
- Infrared (IR) Sensor
- Radar Sensor
- LRR (Long Range Radar Sensor)
- SRR (Short Range Radar Sensor)
- Image Sensor
- LiDAR Sensor
- LASER Sensor
- North America
- Magna International Inc.
- Autoliv Inc.
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Denso Corporation
- General Motors (GM)
- Fords Motor Co.
- BMW AG
- Audi AG