Asia-Pacific Professional 3D Camera Market Overview:
Asia-Pacific Professional 3D Camera Market is expected to garner $888.6 million by 2020, registering a CAGR of 36.8% during the forecast period 2015-2020. 3D camera is a technically evolved camera, equipped to capture images and image decoding to successfully render three dimensional images. The growing demand of 3D content from entertainment industry and enhancement in 3D scanning technology drives the market growth in the Asia-Pacific region. Additionally, increased adoption of home automation, virtual reality applications and the increasing popularity among professionals and photography enthusiasts would provide lucrative growth opportunities to the 3D camera market. However, high price and lack of awareness are the major challenges restraining the market growth.
Numerous companies operating in the Asia-Pacific region are identifying 3D imaging technology as a primary yardstick to innovate their product offerings owing to the increased adoption of 3D cameras in automobile designing, architecture, construction, healthcare, virtual reality applications and the entertainment industry. Healthcare industry primarily use 3D cameras to create visual representation, owing to its requirement in high precision medical activities. Thus, the widespread adoption of these cameras across prominent industry verticals drives the growth of the professional 3D camera market in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Asia-Pacific 3D camera market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, application and country. Target cameras account for the major market share in the type segment, owing to their large application and adoption in professional photography. The technology segment comprises time of flight, stereo vision and structured light. Stereo vision technology generated higher revenue as compared to the time of flight and structured light imaging technologies. Based on application, the market is segmented into professional cameras that are extensively used for still photography and video recording. The segment of still photography accounted for a larger market share and would consolidate this position over the forecast period. Whereas, the segment of 3D professional cameras used in recording applications would witness significant growth in terms of adoption.
Based on geography, 3D camera market covers Japan, China, India, South Korea and Rest of APAC. Key players in the market include Sony Corp., Canon, Nikon, Panasonic Corp., Fujifilm Corp., Go Pro Inc., Faro Technologies, Olympus Corporation, Samsung electronics Corp. and Casio Computer Company Limited. Prominent market players operating in the APAC region adopt product launch, collaborations and expansion strategies in an effort to expand their market reach. Introduction of double full HD 3D handycam HDR-TD10 by Sony Corporation is one such strategy that boosted the market growth.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- Comprehensive analysis of current and future trends in the APAC 3D camera market is outlined in the report to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- SWOT analysis of key market players highlight the essential strengths and potential opportunities in the market
- Value chain analysis in the report highlights the role of stakeholders involved in the value chain of 3D camera market
- The report provides impact analysis of key drivers, restraints and opportunities that shape the market over the forecast period
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers participating in the 3D camera market. This would offer a competitive advantage to stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and help strengthen their supplier and buyer network
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of 3D camera market to identify lucrative investment pockets in the market
APAC 3D CAMERA MARKET KEY SEGMENTATION
The market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, application and countries.
MARKET BY TYPE
- Target Camera
- Target-Free Camera
MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
- Time -of -Flight
- Stereo Vision
- Structured Light
MARKET BY APPLICATION
MARKET BY COUNTRY
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Sony Corporation
- Nikon Corporation
- Go Pro Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Canon Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Casio Computer Company Limited
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Faro Technologies Inc.