API intermediates are compounds or agents used as raw materials for the formulation of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). Amination, hydrogenation, alkoxylation, hydroformlylation, electrochemisty, acetylene chemistry, phosgene chemistry, and other technologies are used to manufacture these intermediates.
Rise in adoption of generic drugs, speciality medicine, surge in demand for biopharmaceuticals, and increase in abbreviated new drug applications drive the API intermediate market. Furthermore, rise in incidence of diseases and growth in geriatric population prone to various diseases and disorders are anticipated to lead to market growth. R&D activities on development and improvement of drugs for chronic diseases and FDA approvals for new molecules present new opportunities for market expansion. However, stringent government regulations are expected to hinder the market growth.
The API intermediate market is segmented on the basis of product, type of intermediate, therapeutic application, and geography. Based on product, it is bifurcated into chemical intermediates and biotech intermediates. The type of intermediates include patent and non-patent intermediates. Based on therapeutic application, the market is divided into oncology, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, CNS & neurological disorders, endocrinology, and other therapeutic applications. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global API intermediate market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report presents a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
API Intermediate Market Key Segments:
- Chemical Intermediates
- Biotech Intermediates
By Type of Intermediate
- Patent Intermediates
- Non-patent Intermediates
By Therapeutic Application
- Cardiovascular Disease
- CNS & Neurological Disorders
- Other Therapeutic Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- BASF Corporation
- Jigs Chemical
- Sanofi Winthrop Industrie S.A.
- Ami Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Cambrex Corporation
- A R Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Dragon Hwa ChemPharm. Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Jiulong Fine Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Hipharma Limited
- AMPAC Fine Chemicals