Companion diagnostic is an in-vitro diagnostic process that provides information about therapeutic response of patient for a specific treatment. This tool improves the therapeutic efficiency and decreases healthcare cost. According to PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) report, the number of pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies has increased from 19 in 2009 to 44 in 2010. Companion diagnostic is a segment of personalized medicine that includes drug-testing, therapies, clinical trials and research. Increase in demand for targeted therapies is attracting pharmaceutical companies to develop low cost and highly efficient drugs. Commercialization of Pfizer’s targeted lung cancer therapeutics and Roche’s personalized therapies indicated the increased value for companion diagnostic market. Companion diagnostic market growth is hindered because of latency in approval of technologies. Companies are taking longer time for approval of drugs and therapies. For Example, Abbott, Pfizer, Bayer, Life Technologies and GSK are facing challenges to receive approval for commercialization from the FDA.
The demand for increased awareness in personalized medicines and cost effective diagnosis is changing the landscape of pharmaceutical companies. Companies engaged in diagnostic research are facing challenges in terms of adoption of novel therapies in healthcare market, and competition for gaining competitive advantages to position their products. This report focuses on recent development happened in companion diagnostic market and its comparative analysis, thereby providing intelligence to companies involved in personalized medicines.
The key players included are Assurerx Health, Asuragen Inc., Beckman Coulter Inc., Bg Medicine Inc., Biocrates Life Sciences Ag, Cardiodx, Celera, Dako (Agilent Technologies), Diagnocure Inc., Epigenomics Ag, Foundation Medicine Inc., Genelex Corp., Genmark Diagnostics.
- In depth intelligence of top factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing companion diagnostic market growth.
- Value chain analysis provides flow of therapies and monitoring in various chains of diagnostic segments These segments are analyzed and presented in detail in the report
- Therapeutics segment of companion diagnostic market is thoroughly explained with GE9 Cell matrix
- SWOT analysis and strategic developments are included in the report for Key market players to get better understanding of potential opportunities and challenges for companies.
- The report provides intelligence on diagnostic technology adoption according to geographies, that assists research institutes to take developmental decision
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Oncology diseases
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- North America
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Government regulatory authorities
- Research companies
- Academic institutes