DNA analysis is a forensic technique employed to identify individuals by characteristics of their DNA. It can be used to identify individuals in paternity testing, criminal investigations, disaster victim identification, archaeological research, and determining genetic links to diseases. In forensic DNA analysis, DNA is collected from blood, semen, vaginal fluid, nasal secretions, and hair with roots.
The major factors that drive the DNA analysis in the government sector market are increase in the number of rape cases, terrorist attacks, sexual assault, kidnapping, homicide, drug-related, and gun violence. Moreover, high concerns for security at airports, railways, and borders; adoption of new technologies such as mobile applications for DNA analysis, adoption of cloud-based biometrics, initiatives taken by the government, and increasing incidences of chronic oncology & infectious diseases further boost the market growth. However, high costs of DNA analysis and lack of skilled professional restrict the market growth. The development of newer procedures with lower quality samples, better efficacy, and shorter time period for forensic & defense purposes, provides numerous opportunities for the market growth in the near future.
The DNA analysis in the government sector market is segmented on the basis of type, application, end user, and region. Based on type, the market is segmented into restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP), short tandem repeat (STR) analysis, single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis, and others. According to application, it is classified into forensics and law enforcement. On the basis of end user, the market is bifurcated into homeland security and defense sector. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Lockheed Martin Corporation, NEC Corporation, M2SYS Technology, MorphoTrust USA, Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology, NetBio, Inc., EyeLock LLC, 3M Company, A-T Solutions, Inc., and Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global DNA analysis in the government sector market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global DNA analysis in the government sector market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global DNA analysis in the government sector market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global DNA analysis in the government sector market.
Dna Analysis In The Government Sector Market Key Segments:
- Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP)
- Short Tandem Repeat (STR) Analysis
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Analysis
- Law Enforcement
By End User
- Homeland Security
- Defense Sector
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA