Fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) is a copolymer of hexafluoropropylene and tetrafluoroethylene. It differs from the polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) resins in that it is melt-processable using conventional injection molding and screw extrusion techniques. In addition, these coatings provide significant chemical resistance and abrasion resistance. They are extremely non-wetting and possess low coefficient of friction, which make them suitable for use in manufacturing composite parts in aerospace industry, flexible printed circuits, heaters, loud speaker components, and photovoltaic modules. These coatings possess significant release properties, and are often used as a mold release coating. FEP-coated polyimide films provide enhanced electrical, thermal, physical, and chemical properties over a wide temperature range in a lightweight package, which make them suitable for electrical insulation applications. In addition, as per the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards, polyimide films are coated to a thickness level of 1-2 mils.
Increase in application of FEP-coated polyimide films in flat cables and their chemical & thermal resistance properties make them suitable for diaphragms, gaskets, protective linings, sample bags, and containers, which drive the growth of the FEP-coated polyimide film market. Moreover, these films possess weatherability and optical properties that enhance the performance of environmental plant growth chambers and solar thermal collectors, which fuel the market growth. However, FEP decomposes when heated above 400F, thereby emitting toxic products, which restrains the market growth. In addition, high cost of polyimide films and issues in processing of these films are expected to decline the market growth.
The report segments the market on the basis of application, end-user industry, and geography. Based on application, the market is categorized into flexible printed circuit (FPC) specialty fabricated product, pressure sensitive tape, wire & cable, and motor/generator. By end-user industry, it is classified into electronics, automotive, aerospace, labelling, and others (medical and drilling). Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Suzhou Kying Industrial Materials Co., Ltd
- American Durafilm
- Kaneka Corporation
- Saint Gobain
- Yancheng Hengsheng Insulation
- WJF Chemicals
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Fep-coated Polyimide Film Market Key Segments:
- Flexible Printed Circuit (FPC)
- Specialty Fabricated Product
- Pressure Sensitive Tape
- Wire & Cable
By End-user Industry
- Others (Medical and Drilling)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA