Embedded generating units less than 60kW that intend to later expand above this threshold require a generator connection cubicle (GCC) to act as a backup protective device to the generating units existing active anti-islanding circuitry within its inverters. They act as a protection for the transformers and other large electrical equipment from short circuits and increase their lifespan.
These days, the complexity of the electrical circuits is greatly increased. This demands the use of additional devices, which protect the main circuitry from overheating and short circuiting. This majorly fuels the market growth. The population expansion added to the increase in demand for electrical supply and requires larger energy capacity generation devices which in turn need protective relays, thus projecting the market toward exponential growth. However, the high installation and maintenance cost of the protective relays restricts the market growth.
The GCC protective relay market is segmented based on voltage, end user, and geography. On the basis of voltage, the market is classified low, medium, and high. Based on end user, the market is divided into industrial, utilities, infrastructure, and others. Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include ABB Ltd., Doble Engineering Company, Eaton Corporation Plc, Fanox, General Electric Company, Mitsubishi Electric Corp., NR Electric Co., Ltd., Schneider Electric, Siemens AG, and Toshiba Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the GCC protective relay market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 is provided to showcase the financial competency of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers.
GCC Protective Relay Market Key Segmentation:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- ABB Ltd.
- Doble Engineering Company
- Eaton Corporation Plc
- General Electric Company
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- NR Electric Co., Ltd.
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corporation