Geographical information systems (GIS) are set of tools used to interpret geospatial data or geographical information. These systems digitize the received geographical information and process, analyze, interpret, store, and manipulate it to provide the desired output. GIS is widely used to build, plan, and operate telecommunication networks and associated services. The applications of GIS include activities such as locating cellular telephone transmitters, recording customer complaints, planning transmission capacities, using geodemographic information to find new customers, and others.
The global GIS in telecom sector market is driven by increase in need to provide better customer services in the telecom industry, rise in adoption of GIS applications for mobile devices and broadcasting, and emergence of satellite imagery. However, growth in threat of open-source software and rise in government regulations and guidelines limit the market growth. Furthermore, increase in adoption of GIS in the telecom industry for numerous applications, such as capacity planning, and high R&D expenditure on GIS in developing countries, such as China, are expected to provide numerous opportunities for development.
The global GIS in telecom sector market is segmented on the basis of type, project size, and region. The type segment includes software, services, and data. Based on project size, the market is categorized into small (<$250K), medium ($250K to 1 million), and large (>$1 million). Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The global GIS in telecom sector market is dominated by key players such as Hexagon AB, Pitney Bowes Inc., Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc. (ESRI), Exelis Inc., China Information Technology, Inc., Bentley Systems, Inc., Blue Marble Geographics, Bentley Systems, Inc., Trimble Inc., and Autodesk Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global GIS in telecom sector and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restrains, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size are provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
GIS In Telecom Sector Market Key Segments:
By Project Size
- Small (<$250K)
- Medium ($250K to 1 Million)
- Large (>$1 Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Hexagon AB
- Pitney Bowes Inc.
- Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc.(ESRI)
- Exelis Inc.
- China Information Technology, Inc.
- Bentley Systems, Inc.
- Blue Marble Geographics
- Bentley Systems, Inc.
- Trimble Inc.
- Autodesk Inc.