A home area network (HAN) is a dedicated network that connects devices in the house such as displays, load control displays, and smart appliances into a smart metering system. It also provides software applications to monitor and control such networks.
A rise in the adoption of smart grid infrastructure to benefit home owners directly is expected to boost the market. Advancements in wireless technologies such as energy management, connections management, and smart metering are anticipated to fuel the market. Cyber security threat and interoperability are some of the restraining factors that are expected to hinder the growth of the market. However, the increasing demand for smart home network is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
The HAN application market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and geography. By product, the market is divided into z-wave, ZigBee, homeplug, wireless m-bus, and others. By application, the market is segmented into smart meter, in-house displays, and home energy management systems. Based on geography, the market is classified into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Cisco Systems Inc., GE Energy, Silver Spring Networks, Google, Motorola Mobility Holdings, Control4, Tendril Networks, Calico Energy, Honeywell, and ABB are some of the major key players of the global HAN application market.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global HAN application market.
- In-depth analysis has been conducted by constructing market estimations for key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions has been provided that determines prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
- Key market players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the market.
HAN Application Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Wireless M-Bus
- Smart Meter
- In-house displays
- Home Energy Management
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- GE Energy
- Silver Spring Networks
- Google Inc.
- Motorola Mobility Holdings
- Control4 Corporation
- Tendril Networks
- Calico Energy
- Honeywell International