Infrared rays are electromagnetic radiations in the nonvisible spectrum of white light, which range from 1300 to 1700 nm. Infrared light emitting diode (IR LED) is a solid-state lighting (SSL) device, which emits light in the infrared range. It spreads the light on a vast area rather than concentrating it or in other words IR LED’s have a wide field of view. These LED’s find their extensive use in security and surveillance cameras, along with automated driving vehicles.
The IR LED market is gaining popularity in remote-controlled advanced security cameras, which help to keep a surveillance check, especially on the consumer goods in retail sector. Each of these cameras consists of multiple rings of IR LEDs to provide night vision capabilities, thus there could be from 20 to 40 IR LEDs sold with each camera. However, as the market for sensors in smartphones and tablets is witnessing saturation, the IR LED market is also observing slight saturation, in terms of advanced technologies & designs, which is expected to restrain the market growth.
The IR LED and laser market is segmented based on technology, industry vertical, and application. On the basis of component, the market is classified into IR LED chip, and IR LED package. According to industry vertical, it is classified into healthcare, defense, residential, industrial, and others. Applications covered in the study include optical sensing, automated drive systems, security and surveillance, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. The key players operating in the market include NICHIA CORPORATION, Kingbright Electronic Co., Ltd., OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH, Epistar Corporation, Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd., High Power Lighting Corporation, EPILEDS Co. Ltd., ON Semiconducts, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lextar Electronics Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the IR LED market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- The report provides information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023 are provided to showcase the financial competence of the market.
- Porter’s Five Forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market.
IR LED Market Key Segmentation:
- IR LED Chip
- IR LED Package
By Industry Vertical
- Optical Sensing
- Automated Drive Systems
- Security & Surveillance
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- NICHIA CORPORATION
- Kingbright Electronic Co., Ltd.
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH
- Epistar Corporation
- Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd.
- High Power Lighting Corporation
- EPILEDS Co. Ltd.
- ON Semiconducts
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Lextar Electronics Corporation