Intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) is the steady state pressure concealed within the abdominal cavity. Intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) are used to measure IAP so as to identify individuals at the risk of abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS) and intra-abdominal hypertension (IAH). IAH & ACS can cause mortality and morbidity due to cardiac output, altered respiratory mechanics, and reduced venous return. This results in impaired hepatic blood flow, respiratory failure, poor splanchnic perfusion, increased intracranial pressure, renal failure and end organ dysfunction and other potential problems. Therefore, early recognition and treatment of IAH & ACS using IPMDs is essential to improve morbidity and mortality among patients.
The global IPMD market is gradually developing due to the surge in geriatric population. Rise in prevalence of IAH and ACS boosts the market growth. Furthermore, advancement in surgical techniques and superiority in the treatment protocol along with preference of prophylactic abdominal decompression procedures for trauma treatment drive the market. However, less utilization of IPMDs in general surgery and false negative results from pelvic hematoma and radiation cystitis impede the growth of this market.
The global IPMD market is segmented on the basis of product, procedure, application, end user, and geography. Based on product, it is bifurcated into disposables and equipment. On the basis of procedure, this market is divided into muscle and abdomen. By application, this market is classified into intra-compartment pressure and intra-abdominal hypertension. Furthermore, by end users the IPMD market is divided into hospitals, trauma centers, ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), and clinics. By geography, this market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub segment of the market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as C. R. Bard, Inc., ConvaTec Group PLC, Holtech Medical, Centurion Medical Products, Biometrix Ltd.(Degania Silicone, Ltd.), Stryker Corporation, Spiegelberg GmbH, Nutrimedics S.A. (Greece), Potrero Medical Inc. (U.S.), and Gaeltec (UK) is also provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices in medical settings.
Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market Key Segments:
- Intra-Compartment Pressure
- Intra-Abdominal Hypertension
By End User
- Trauma Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA