Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis, or LASIK, is a form of laser eye surgery that alters the shape of the cornea to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses and contact lenses in case of severe myopia (nearsightedness). This surgery acts as a long-term alternative to contact lenses and eyeglasses. LASIK is also being used to treat hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. Rise in aging population is expected to positively impact the LASIK treatment market.
Increase in demand for laser eye surgeries and rise in awareness about LASIK in populace drive the market growth. Furthermore, surge in prevalence of myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism boost the LASIK treatment market. However, stringent and unclear government regulations towards LASIK treatment, insufficient reimbursement policies, and high costs associated with the LASIK procedure hamper the market growth.
The global LASIK treatment market is segmented on the basis of product, application, end user, and geography. By product, it is divided into LASER, surgical blades, anesthetics, eye holders, and suction rings. The applications included in the report are myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and others. On the basis of end user, this market is categorized into hospitals, ophthalmology clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as Abbott Medical Optics (AMO), Bausch & Lomb Surgical, Inc., Carl Zeiss, Inc., Nidek, Inc., Alcon Laboratories, Inc., Wavelight AG, VISX, Inc., Lasersight Technologies, Inc., Summit Automonous, Inc., and MO Manufacturing USA LLC, are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of LASIK treatment in the medical settings.
LASIK Treatment Market Key Segments:
- Surgical Blades
- Eye Holders
- Suction Rings
By End User
- Ophthalmology Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA