A geomembrane is defined as a low-permeability synthetic membrane liner or barrier, which is used to control fluid and gas migration in a human-made project, structure, or system. It is designed for projects that require flexibility and elongation property. It is manufactured from high-quality, low-density polyethylene (LDPE), and is designed to cater to the specifications published by Geosynthetic Research Institute (GRI).
The global LDPE geomembrane market is witnessing significant growth, owing to the superior tensile properties of LDPE, which make it suitable for use in structural applications. Moreover, enhanced usage of LDPE, where elongation and flexibility are key factors, such as in packaging, canal linings, and others, boosts the growth of the market. In addition, its ability to deform multidirectionally to relieve stress in materials make it suitable in applications where differential settlement is expected such as in landfill caps, other closures, and bioreactors. Furthermore, stringent government regulations towards waste management and rise in awareness about environment protection by manufacturing sectors fuel the demand for LDPE geomebranes. Increased demand for LDPE films in construction industry as a moisture barrier is further expected to boost the market growth. In addition, ongoing R&D of resilient geomembranes to handle harsh operational conditions is expected to supplement the market growth. However, increased reliance over governmental approval is expected to hinder the market growth.
The report segments the LDPE geomembrane market on the basis of technology, application, and geography. Based on technology, the market is divided into extrusion, calendring, and blown film. Applications covered in the study include waste management, mining, tunnel liner, construction, water proofing reservoirs, and others (food covering applications and agricultural purposes). Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive Competitive Analysis and Profiles of Major Market Players include:
- Solmax International
- Agru America Inc.
- NAUE GmbH & Co
- GSE Environmental LLC
- Officine Maccaferri SpA
- MTS Fibromat (M) SDN BHD
- Geofabrics Australasia Pty. Ltd.
- Nylex (Malaysia) Berhad
- D.P. Wires Pvt. Ltd.
- Huikwang Corporation
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global LDPE geomembrane market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Key Market LDPE Geomembrane Market Key Segments:
- Blown Film
- Waste Management
- Tunnel Liner
- Water Proofing Reservoirs
- Others (Food Covering applications and Agricultural Purposes)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA