High-brightness LED drivers are integrated circuits that are optimized to efficiently drive strings of high-brightness LEDs. These types of lighting find their usage in general-purpose, low-voltage architectural lighting, automotive lighting, camera flash, and many more. It is a flat panel display, which uses LED backlighting instead of the cold cathode fluorescent backlighting.
Integrated LED power management solutions by display driver ICs provide high picture quality in the smallest PCB area with greater efficiency and at the lowest cost. These are used in smartphones and with an increase in sales in smartphones, the market for the LED backlit display driver ICs consumption is supposed to increase.
Also, because of its efficiency and high built quality, it is supposed to overcome the drawbacks of the LCDs such as contrast ratio, power consumption, mercury usage in the backlights, visual artifacts, and motion blur. However, the presence of immediate substitutes such as OLED, which is increasingly being adopted due to its power and display advantages, may be a restraint for the market. The opportunity for the market lies in the fact that the market for smartphones and other consumer electronics with displays such as tablets and laptops will continue to grow in the near future.
The market for LED backlit display driver ICs consumption is segmented into product type, application, and geography. The product type is further divided into 8 Channel, 16 Channel, and 32 Channel. The application is further divided into mobile computing devices, TVs, and automotive infotainment systems. The region wise divisions are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The key players mentioned in the report are Advanced Analogic Technologies, Infineon Technologies, Linear Technology, Macroblock, Power Integrators, ROHM, Semtech, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, and Toshiba.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends, dynamics, and estimations for key market segments in the global LED backlit display driver ICs consumption market from 2017 to 2023.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by product type and application helps understand the current trends in use and the variants that are expected to gain prominence in future.
- This report presents a competitive intelligence of the market to understand the competitive scenario across countries globally.
LED Backlit Display Driver ICS Consumption Market Key Segmentation:
Market By Product Type
- 8 Channel
- 16 Channel
- 32 Channel
Market By Application
- Mobile Computing Devices
- Automotive Infotainment Systems
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
- Advanced Analogic Technologies
- Infineon Technologies
- Linear Technology
- Power Integrators
- Texas Instruments