LED or light emitting diode is one of the most rapidly growing sectors of the semiconductor industry. LED has the added advantage of power saving, high efficiency, non-splintery, and others as compared to stereotype bulbs. The working, frequency, power consumption, efficiency, and other important characteristics of LED is dependent upon the material used in the construction of LED. Indium gallium nitride and after it aluminum gallium indium phosphide are the two most used materials to manufacture LED.
LED materials gain popularity in the market with high growth rate, owing to the fact that various LED products used in cruise ship lights, industrial, hospital, and residential lightning illuminate their facades. Moreover, favorable government policies including various labeling and certification programs provide new growth opportunities for the LED industry. However, the short lifespan of these materials prevent exponential growth of the market.
The LED material market is segmented based on material type, application, and geography. On the basis of material type, the market is classified into substrate, wafer, epitaxy, and phosphor. Applications covered in the study include automotive, general lighting, mobile devices, signal & signage, healthcare & forensics, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. Prominent players operating in this market include CREE, Inc., Hitachi Metals, Ltd., Lake LED Materials Co., Ltd, Osram Licht AG, II-VI Incorporated, MTI Corporation, Macom Technology Solutions, Nichia Corporation, Seoul Semiconductors Co, Ltd, and Sino Nitride Semiconductor Co, Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the LED material market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 is provided to showcase the financial competency of the market.
- Porter’s Five Forces model of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers.
LED Materials Market Key Segmentation
By Material Type
- General Lighting
- Mobile Devices
- Signal & Signage
- Healthcare & Forensics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- CREE, Inc.
- Hitachi Metals, Ltd.
- Lake LED Materials Co., Ltd
- Osram Licht AG
- II-VI Incorporated
- MTI Corporation
- Macom Technology Solutions
- Nichia Corporation
- Seoul Semiconductors Co, Ltd
- Sino Nitride Semiconductor Co, Ltd.