Organic light emitting diodes (OLED) uses flat technology for light emission. It is prepared by placing a series of thin, usually carbon-based organic films, between two conductors. They light up once electric current is passed through these films. OLEDs are thus used to manufacture display and lighting panels. Displays made by OLED technology are much thinner and efficient compared to previous technology, such as liquid crystal display (LCD). They also offer better image quality than their ancestors.
The demand for OLED technology is expected to rise globally in the next 45 years, owing to various factors, such as advancement of OLED technology, increase in smartphones usage, rise in acceptance of TVs and gaming consoles, expansion of wireless devices, and requirement for OLED display panels. However, high price of these displays restrain the growth of the market. Moreover, rise in application for media and entertainment industry is expected to open new opportunities in the market.
The OLED encapsulation material market is segmented based on the encapsulation type, application, and geography. By type, it is classified as rigid glass, flexible glass, multilayer thin films & laminates, conformal coatings, and metal foils. Based on application, it is bifurcated into small/medium OLED displays and OLED lighting. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, South Korea, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Major players profiled in the report are Samsung Display, LG Display Co., Ltd., AU Optronics Corp., Shenzhen Star Optoelectronic Technology Co. Ltd., Visionox Company, Sony Corporation of America, Panasonic Corporation, Japan Display Inc., Foxconn Electronics Inc., and Toshiba Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the OLED encapsulation material market along with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with the impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations for the period of 20172023 is provided determine the financial potential of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders.
Oled Encapsulation Material Market Key Segmentation:
By Encapsulation Type
- Rigid Glass
- Flexible Glass
- Conformal Coatings
- Metal Foils
- Small/Medium OLED displays
- OLED lighting
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Samsung Display
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- AU Optronics Corp.
- Shenzhen Star Optoelectronic Technology Co., Ltd.
- Visionox Company
- Sony Corporation of America
- Panasonic Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- Foxconn Electronics Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation