Orthopedic braces are the devices used to strengthen and support the muscles and joints of knee, back, ankle, neck, hip, elbow, wrist, and fingers. These are used for controlling the movement of limbs and joints as well as to rectify structural deformities. These braces are designed to provide mechanical strength and support to alleviate pain due to sprain, strain, and other musculoskeletal disorders. The applications of braces include osteoarthritic care, injury treatment & prevention, and postoperative care.
The global OTC orthopedic braces market is driven by increase in incidence of bone degenerative diseases, growth in demand for orthopedic braces among geriatric population, affordable pricing of products, and easy availability of orthopedic braces, rise in the number of orthopedic surgeries, surge in sports participation, and implementation of orthopedic braces as preventive care aids. However, inadequate reimbursements provided to the orthopedic braces, high patient preference for alternative treatment, dearth of customization alternatives for the orthopedic braces hinder the market growth. Conversely, growth in public awareness and increase in healthcare expenditures are expected to provide numerous opportunities for the market growth in the near future.
The global OTC orthopedic braces market is segmented on the basis of product, indication, end user, and geography. Based on product, it is divided into knee braces & supports, foot and ankle braces & support, upper extremity braces & support, and spinal orthoses. Based on indication, it is classified into osteoarthritis, injury, prophylactic, and others. On the basis on end user, it is categorized into orthopedic clinics, pharmacies, hospitals, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global market include Breg, Inc., DeRoyal Industries, Inc., BSN medical, Ottobock, 3M Company, DJO Finance LLC., medi GmbH & Co. KG, Bauerfeind AG, ssur Corporate, and Thuasne SA.
- The report presents the market analysis of the global OTC orthopedic braces along with the regional trend and future estimations.
- It provides extensive information about the market segments from 2016 to 2023 to understand the market dynamics.
- The key factors that drive, hamper, or provide opportunities to the market are provided in the report
- Competitive landscape of the industry along with the profile analysis of market players is provided in the report.
OTC Orthopedic Braces Market Key Segments:
- Knee Braces & Supports
- Knee Braces for Osteoarthritis
- Functional Knee Braces for Ligament Injuries
- Post-operational Knee Braces
- Knee Support Braces
- Foot and Ankle Braces & Support
- Hinged Braces
- Soft Braces
- Upper Extremity Braces & Support
- Wrist & Hand Supports
- Shoulder Supports
- Neck Braces and Support
- Elbow Braces and Support
- Spinal Orthoses
By End User
- Orthopedic Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA