PEGylation refers to the process of amalgamation or attachment of polyethylene glycol (PEG) polymer chains with macromolecules such as drug molecule, therapeutic protein, or vesicles by covalent bonding. PEGylation offers a broad range of advantages such as improved drug solubility, reduced dosage frequency, and increased drug stability increases the demand for the market.
The factors that propel the market growth include high prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, kidney diseases, and rheumatoid arthritis, due to lifestyle changes, increase of protein stability and half-life, and rise in implementation of protein-based drugs as compared to non-protein ones. In addition, growth in biologics sector and increase in R&D expenditure of pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies also boost the market. However, drug failures and patent expiration of many drugs hinder the growth. In addition, increase in government funding and grants for research activities enhance opportunities for the growth of the market.
The global PEGylated protein market is segmented on the basis of product, protein type, application, end user, and region. Based on product, it is divided into consumables and services. According to the protein type, the market is classified into colony stimulating factors, erythropoietin, mAb, interferons, and recombinant factor VIII. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into cancer treatment, chronic kidney diseases, hepatitis, multiple sclerosis, hemophilia, and gastrointestinal disorders. According to the end users, it is segmented into contract research organizations (CROs), pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and academic research institutes. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players profiled in the report include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA, JenKem Technology USA, Creative PEGWorks, NOF Corporation, Biometrics Research Group, Inc., Quanta BioDesign, Ltd., Iris Biotech GmbH, Laysan Bio, Inc., and Genzyme Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the PEGylated protein market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market assists in understanding the availability of various forms of devices used in the market.
Pegylated Proteins Market Key Segments:
By Protein Type
- Colony Stimulating Factors
- Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs)
- Recombinant Factor VIII
- Cancer Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
By End User
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA