Positron emission tomography-computed tomography (PET-CT) is a medical analytical technique used to examine the metabolic activity of tissues. This technique makes the use of PET scanner and an X-ray CT scanner. The PET scanners are used to measure body functions, such as blood flow, oxygen usage, and glucose metabolism, whereas CT imaging uses X-ray equipment to produce pictures of organs to observe the functioning of tissues and organs. The combined use of PET-CT scans provides the images of precise location of abnormal metabolic activity in the body.
The global PET-CT scanning market is segmented based on application, service provider, and geography. Applications covered in this study include oncology, neurology, cardiology, and others. On the basis of service provider, the market is categorized into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and research institutes. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The growth of the global PET-CT scanning market is driven by rise in prevalence of chronic illnesses throughout the world, growth in demand for effective diagnostic systems, and increased coverage for PET-CT scanning under Medicare. Rise in use of PET-CT for cancer diagnosis is expected to further boost the market growth. Moreover, development of newer products and increase in investments in R&D by companies contribute towards the revenue growth of the market. However, limited shelf life and inadequate availability of radiopharmaceuticals are expected to hinder the market growth.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Toshiba Corporation, General Electric Co, Hitachi, Siemens AG, Positron Corporation, Yangzhou Kindsway Biotech Co. Ltd, and Mediso Ltd are provided in this report.
- This report offers a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The market estimations provided in this report are based on comprehensive analysis of the key developments in the industry.
- The global market is analyzed with respect to application, service provider, and geography.
- In-depth analysis based on geography facilitates to analyze the regional market to assist in strategic business planning.
- The development strategies adopted by key manufacturers are enlisted to understand the competitive scenario of the market.
PET-CT Scanning Market Key Segments:
By Service Provider
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Republic of South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA