Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) film is a highly inert thermoplastic fluoropolymer film, which is made from polymerization of vinylidene difluoride. This film possesses properties such as easy of processing; high resistance to chemicals such as chlorine, bromine, fluorine, iodine, and strong acids at high temperatures; flame retardant, inert to radiation & UV; resistance to microbiological organisms; and resistance to abrasion. These films find applications in many industries such as chemical & nuclear, food & beverage, electrical, automotive, and other industries.
Increase in use of PVDF films in many industries has fueled their demand, thereby driving the market growth. Furthermore, the inert nature of the PVDF to chemical attacks at high temperature boosts the demand for PVDF films. However, high cost and incompatibility with glass fiber have restrained the market growth. Development of higher strength and stiffer PVDF films is expected to provide growth opportunity for the market.
The PVDF film market is segmented on the basis of type, distribution channel, and geography. By type, the market is categorized into uniaxially oriented film, biaxially oriented film, and others. The applications covered in the study include building & construction, renewable energy, water treatment, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major player analyzed in this report are Solvay, Arkema Group, Kureha Corporation, Welch Fluorocarbon Inc., HIUV New Materials Co., Ltd., Polyflon Company, Adtech Polymer Engineering ltd, New Micropore Inc., Hangzhou Foremost Material Technology Co. Ltd., and Jiangsu Howel PV Technology.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
PVDF Film Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
ARKEMA GROUP, POLYFLON COMPANY, SOLVAY, ADTECH POLYMER ENGINEERING LTD, JIANGSU HOWEL PV TECHNOLOGY, NEW MICROPORE INC., WELCH FLUOROCARBON INC., HANGZHOU FOREMOST MATERIAL TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD., HIUV NEW MATERIALS CO., LTD, KUREHA CORPORATION