Industrial control system (ICS) encompasses several types of control systems used in industrial production technology, which includes distributed control systems (DCS), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, and other smaller control systems. Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) is primarily used for remote controlling and monitoring operations across plants in numerous industries. It also helps in gathering information and control various industrial processes such as production, manufacturing, power generation, fabrication, and others. The ability of these systems to interpret data collected from various sources drives its demand in different industries such as water & wastewater treatment, oil & gas, power, and others.
Global SCADA-based industrial control systems market is driven by continuously increasing availability of wireless sensor networking in (SCADA)-based industrial control systems. In addition, rise in big data analytics and growing demand for cloud-based SCADA systems propel the growth of the market. However, the need for regular updates and extreme vulnerability of CP/IP-based SCADA systems to cyberwarfare/cyberterrorism attacks limits the growth of this market. Furthermore, the growing demand for SCADA-based industrial control systems from developing countries to improve their infrastructure such as India and China, increasing growth of open-source SCADA, and rising adoption of mobile SCADA-based industrial control systems is expected to provide numerous opportunities for this market to grow.
The SCADA-based industrial control systems market is segmented on the basis of type and end user. The type segment covered in this study includes solutions and services. Based on end user, the market is segmented into electrical & electronics industry, chemicals & petrochemicals, oil & gas, power, manufacturing, and others. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The global SCADA-based industrial control systems market is dominated by key players such as Siemens Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Emerson., ABB, Schneider Electric, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation., Indicative Automation., General Electric, Yokogawa Ltd., and Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global SCADA-based industrial control systems market and current & future trends to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- Information about key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and their impact analysis on the market size has been provided.
- Porters five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers that operate in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global market from 2016 to 2023 has been provided to determine the market potential.
SCADA-based Industrial Control Systems Market Key Segment:
By End User
- Electrical and Electronics Industry
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals
- Oil and Gas
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Siemens Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Emerson., ABB
- Schneider Electric
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation.
- Indicative Automation.
- General Electric
- Yokogawa Ltd.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.