Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) devices are used to heal wounds by applying sub-atmospheric pressure using sealed dressing connected to vacuum pump. The vacuum source generates negative pressure to remove fluids, exudates, and infectious materials from wound and increases the flow of blood for healing purposes. These devices also help in healing first & second degree burns, acute wounds, and chronic wounds. NPWT devices allows flow of fluids, such as antibiotics and saline to wound. Awareness among people along with increase in confidence in NPWT physicians present new avenues for NPWT devices.
The driving factors of the U.S. NPWT devices market are increasing aging population, rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, peripheral vascular disease, and increase in the incidence of cancer and neurological disease. However, high cost of procedure and unfavorable government policies are factors restraining the market growth. The advancement in technologies enable faster wound healing present opportunities for growth of the market.
The U.S. NPWT devices market is segmented based on products, indication, and end user. The product segment is classified further into conventional stand-alone devices, conventional portable devices, and disposable devices. Based on indications, the market is further classified into diabetes foot ulcers, venous leg ulcers, traumatic wounds, pressure ulcers, partial thickness burns, and others. The market is segmented based on end-user segment into ambulatory settings & wound care centers, home healthcare centers, and long term care centers.
The prominent market players are Smith & Nephew PLC, Invacare Corporation, Mlnlycke Health Care, Talley Group Ltd., ConvaTec, Inc., Devon Medical Inc., Genadyne Biotechnologies Inc., Innovative Therapies Inc., ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH Co. KG, and MediTop B.V. They have implemented strategies, such as expansion, partnerships, mergers, and others to sustain in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and hindering factors of the U.S. NPWT devices market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the U.S. NPWT devices market.
- The report provides a comprehensive information about different active wound care products offered by prominent market players.
- An extensive analysis of dominant market shares for each segment helps in understanding the current status of market.
- The report provides an extensive information about new product launches, research and recent developments of the U.S. NPWT devices market.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the U.S. NPWT devices market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behavior of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Product
- Conventional Stand-Alone Devices
- Conventional Portable Devices
- Disposable Devices
- By Indication
- Diabetes Foot Ulcers
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- Traumatic Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Partial Thickness Burns
- By End User
- Ambulatory Settings & Wound Care Centers
- Home Healthcare Centers
- Long Term Care Centers
Key Market Player:
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Invacare Corporation
- Mlnlycke Health Care
- Talley Group Ltd.
- ConvaTec Inc.
- Devon Medical Inc.
- Genadyne Biotechnologies Inc.
- Innovative Therapies Inc.
- ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH Co. KG
- MediTop B.V.
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."