Ultraviolet (UV) ink technology is an ongoing trend in the printing industry. The basic difference between this method and other traditional methods is that the ink is cured through a photomechanical process rather than evaporating solvents into the air. The printers based on this technology offer cleaner environment, and negligible ozone emissions. HUV is a new UV printing method, wherein the ink is dried immediately on the surface of the paper using UV light. UV inks upon exposure to UV light from a liquid paste, or solid rapidly. Currently the niche printing method is more visually appealing than conventional style printing, and less damage to the environment.
The global UV offset ink market has witnessed significant growth over the past few years. The market is driven by the growing demand for printing inks. Moreover, increasing adoption of printing inks for use in metal cans, tags & labels, and flexible materials drives the market growth. However, high cost of printing equipment is expected to hamper the market growth. Moreover, growing awareness about the availability of e-books and stringent environment regulations for manufacturing inks are expected to hamper the market growth. The recent boom in the printing industry across emerging economies is expected to boost the growth of the UV offset ink market.
The global UV offset ink market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, and others. Based on application, the market is categorized into food packaging printing, consumer goods packaging printing, industrial goods packaging printing, and others. Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market have adopted various strategies, such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships to strengthen their market outreach and sustain the intense competition in the market.
Key Market Players:
- BASF SE
- T & K TOKA CO., LTD.
- Toyo Ink Group Bhd
- Flint Group
- Hubergroup India Private Limited
- Megami Ink Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Suzhou Kingswood Printing Ink Co., Ltd.
- Zeller & Gmelin
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities in the industry.
- The major countries in each region have been mapped based on their individual revenue contribution to the global market.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and Porters five forces analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each segment of the global UV offset ink market is provided to understand the regional trends across various regions.
UV Offset Ink Market Key Segments:
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Food Packaging Printing
- Consumer Goods Packaging Printing
- Industrial Goods Packaging Printing
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA