A2P SMS Market Insight
A2P stands for application-to-person messaging.It is a type of traffic in which a person gets messages from an application. A2P messaging includesappointment reminders, marketing messages chat bots or virtual assistants, one-time passwords (OTPs), or PIN codes& notifications. Businesses have used it in several technical modes to communicate with authenticate users of online services, consumers, or distribute time-sensitive alerts in emergency.Diverse corporate platforms, support services, and online reservation systems have deployed A2P SMS to increase productivity and improve communication with end users. Financial institutions have been consuming A2P SMS by carrying automated, event-based SMS notifications to their consumers’ mobile phones. Financial A2P SMS includes anti-fraud alerts, balance statements, payment reminders, and withdrawal notifications. The most popular modes of using A2P messaging are SMS API integration, access via a web interface, or the deployment of a professional enterprise solution.
Impact of COVID-19 on A2P SMS Market:
- During the COVID-19 crisis, SMS/A2P has proven to be a reliable, simple way to relay information or alerts to everyone, even populations not equipped with smartphones or digitally connected via social media.
- Governments, health authorities, and agencies are relying on SMS/A2P for time-critical communications. More recently, with plans to relax confinement rolling out at different times in different locations, enterprises, and shops are also dispatching quick information to employees and/or customers via SMS/A2P.
- With the increasing SMS traffic,imposters are trying to take advantage of the COVID-19 situation regarding government aid, tax filing notifications, and more. Kontxt detected and blocked a growing number of fraud messages promising free devices or subscriptions in order to cope with the Covid-19 lockdowns.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
The A2P SMS market is driven by numerous factors including globally increase in number of mobile users, expansion of A2P messaging services in mobile payment, mobile banking, and mobile health sector. Furthermore, increase in mobile activities by application marketer and developer acts as driver for ARP SMS market demand. A2P messaging services are widely used for broadcasting transactional SMS by a number of industries such as entertainment, banking, financial services, marketing, media, tourism, health, and retail which have led to increase in demand for A2P SMS market. However, certain factors such as phishing& spam message and concept of bulk SMS are acting as a restraining factor for the growth of A2P SMS market. Contrarily, increasing demand of mobile marketing and hybrid technology are expected to create significant opportunity for A2P SMS market in forecasted years.
Growth in mobile marketing activities by marketers, application developers, and brands
Application developers, marketers, and brands uses SMS services to strengthen their customer base, by updating their users with breaking news, campaign offer perks, location-based opportunities, and other important information.Impact of mobile marketing activities on the A2P SMS market is currently high due to the growing trend of SMS marketing in verticals across BFSI, hospitality, leisure, and advertising industries is driving the demand for A2P SMS market.
Proliferation of mobile banking and mobile paymentsservicesin end users
SMS is used as a customer service tool, customer engagement tool, authentication and activation mechanism, and a service distributionoccupation byorganizations.Banking and financial institutions and ticketing services are widely adopting the practice of networking with their clients through SMS which is anticipated to fuel A2P SMS market. Availability of low-cost smartphones, along with rising penetration of mobile payments, Internet, and mobile banking is expected to drive A2P SMS market growth in the forecasted years.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global A2P SMSindustry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global A2P SMSmarket share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global A2P SMSmarket growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global A2P SMS market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
The impact of Covid-19 on the technology market in Asia-Pacific has been realized as changing customer priorities and reduced investments place increased pressure on the organizations.The substantial shift in market dynamics has prompted international data corporation (IDC) to revise its IT spending forecast for Asia Pacific (excluding Japan and China) in 2020, significantly dropping to 1.2 per cent growth compared to original projections of 5.2% in January. IDC estimates that the impact would be seen across all software markets like application development and deployment, applications and system infrastructure software with the exception of digital workplace, cloud platform and automation technologies which can aid in the current situation of work from home during pandemic
A2P SMS Market Report Highlights
By Deployment Mode
By SMS Traffix
By End User
Key Market Players
Sinch, Infobip ltd., BICS, Comviva, AT&T Inc., Monty Mobile, Orange S.A., Twilio, China Mobile, Route Mobile