Accelerated processing unit (APU) is a new processor developed by combining central processing unit (CPU) and graphic processing unit (GPU). They are designed to combine these two units on to a single chip so that the computer performance can be enhanced. Thus, it allows more room for other hardware, brings down the cost and is more efficient as there is reduction in the footprint of the processing units. It further reduces power consumption and increases data transfer rates. Therefore, they find their applications in gesture and facial recognition, dynamic video enhancement, search and indexing in end use industries such as IT, electronics, industrial, and healthcare. Innovations in semiconductor and computing technology will pave way for better and improved APU’s. The global accelerated processing unit (APU) market is experiencing a significant growth, and is anticipated to grow considerably in next few years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Global accelerated processing unit market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new accelerated processing units as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for accelerated processing units are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced accelerated processing unit to enhance efficiency.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Surge in use in applications, which requires videos to run smoother, faster data rates, improved software performance, and others are the main drivers of the accelerated processing unit (APU) market. However, hardware architecture limitations might hinder their market growth. Contrarily investments in semiconductors and computing technology, requirement for high end computing systems and growing digitalization are expected to fuel the Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) market growth further.
New product launches to flourish the Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) market
Ryzen 4700G –APU was launched by AMD recently. It has base clock of 3.6 GHz, 8C/16T CPU and a boost clock of 4.45 GHz which helps in enhancing clock speeds. On –die GPU was always reserved by AMD for limited number of CPUs. The strategy followed by AMD for designing and manufacturing of APU is the APU’s with fewer CPU cores but respectable on-die GPU’s. APU’s have the advantages of not losing access to the system in case the GPU dies and it is possible to run multi monitor configurations more readily when there is an built in GPU. Thus, this product launches flourished the Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) market.
Surge in use in digital industry
There is surge in in usage in visual digital content from sources such as internet and others as well. More than 50 million digital files are being uploaded by the people or added to their personal content libraries every day. Moreover, the visual content received by the people is in HD. This has provided opportunities for APU’s to improve user experiences. Moreover, internet browsing experience can be made better with the help of APU’s. Also, there is surge in usage of search and index function for applications such as photo and video cleanup and others which has led to the surge in usage of Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) in this industry.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global accelerated processing unit (APU) market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global accelerated processing unit (APU) market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global accelerated processing unit (APU) market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the (APU) Market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the accelerated processing unit (APU) market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the accelerated processing unit (APU) market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) Market Report Highlights
By End users
Key Market Players
ARM Holdings, AMD, Xilinx, Samsung, Cavium, Intel, Qualcomm, Nvidia, Imagination Technologies, IBM