Access and Home Network Market Statistics - 2030
Computer network, which enables communication amongst devices within the close vicinity of home is known as home network. Additionally, a telecommunication network, which connects subscribers to service providers is known as an access network. To establish connectivity between physical layer, data link layer, and network connectivity amongst devices, a home network relies on equipment such as modem, router, network switch wireless access point, network bridge, and home automation controller. Advantages of establishing a home network is that it allows multiple devices, such as gaming devices, smart phones, and computers to the network while files and folders can be accessed from all the devices, which are connected to the network. Additionally, it can also print from all devices using one printer and also be able to manage security of networks from a single point. Furthermore, streaming is possible with home network solutions as people can not only share their photos and videos amongst devices but also stream to OTT platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Impact of COVID-19 on Access and Home Network Market-
- During COVID-19, work from home has become a new trend. Many organizations and individuals have started securing various IT products for their workforces.
- Therefore the demand and supply of IT peripheral products, such as routers, network switch, modem, wireless access point, network bridge, is rising.
- Furthermore, as the number of advance gadgets is increasing in the market, the requirement of internet connectivity is also increasing. Hence, the demand for a good and secure home network is also increasing as connection of all the devices is possible at one single point.
- Furthermore, as every member of the family is working from home, the load created on the network is increased. This has forced the home network consumers to spend more on network budget, thereby increasing the marketing growth.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Devices, such as laptops, gaming system, tablets, smart phones, printers, and also smart devices, such as smart lights, air-conditioning, can be connected to internet with the help of access and home network solution. In one network setting with the help of a modem and router connection, a large number of devices connecting to internet is possible. Hence, many home network consumers are investing in solutions such as a mesh Wi-Fi. In mesh Wi-Fi, the home router is directly connected to the modem and a number of satellite or nodes placed across the house for full coverage of Wi-Fi. Popularity of IoT is increasing amongst residential consumers as they have started understanding the benefits achieved by connecting home appliance with the internet. IoT allows smooth flow of data and real-time decision possible by connecting product, software algorithms, services and end users.
As residential consumers are shifting toward IoT, the development and production of numerous applications, such as video doorbell, voice assistant, surveillance, and other smart home devices, is increasing. This attributes to the increase in the usage of internet and the need to connect these applications to one network are also increasing. Hence, increasing development and adoption of smart device are driving the access and home networks market. However, there are some restraints to this market. Buying the equipment for home network can be costly. As the number of devices connecting to the network system increases, the cost of the home network system also increases. This is one of the major restraining factors for the access and home network solutions.
If the system is not properly secure or if the password is leaked, then the attackers could steal the internet connection and also potentially gain access to user's personal data. Although the speed is not necessarily increased during development of Wi-Fi 6, it is still considered as more stable wireless bandwidth. Wi-Fi 6 has 1000x uploading and downloading speed and also allows greater number of home devices connected to the network. With growing number of devices, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band was becoming more crowded; hence, companies have started development of 6Ghz band for Wi-Fi 6 compatible devices. For instance, ASUSTeK Computer Inc. launched a home mesh Wi-Fi router system that is compatible with Wi-Fi 6.Hence, development of Wi-Fi 6 has offered opportunities for the home network market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the access and home network industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the access and home network market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the access and home network market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed access and home network market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Access and Home Network Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the access and home network market?
- What are the detailed impacts of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Access and Home Network Market Report Highlights
By Enterprise Size
Key Market Players
TP-Link Technologies Co., Belkin International, ASUSTeK Computer Inc., Lutron Electronic Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., ZyXELCommunications Corp., Siemens AG, Vantage Controls, Inc., Watt Stopper, Mechoshade Systems, Schneider Electric/Square D Company