ACL reconstruction is a surgery that replaces a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL), which is a major ligament in knee. Anterior Cruciate ligament (ACL) is made of tough fibrous materials, which are located in the knee joint. ACL is a ligament that passes through the middle of the knee and connects thighbone to shinbone, which stabilizes the knee joint. ACL injuries occur due to various sports that involve sudden halts and changes in direction such as basketball, football, soccer, downhill skiing, gymnastics, etc. In surgeries, the torn ligament is replaced with a tendon from another part of the knee or some deceased donor. This is an outpatient procedure and is performed through small incisions around the knee joint. A doctor who specializes in surgical procedures of the bones and joints, i.e. orthopedic surgeon operates the ACL reconstruction surgery. ACL reconstruction can be done via surgical or nonsurgical ways.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- To take care of the infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices, such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor, are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment.
- Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising both from healthcare professionals and civil populations for precautionary measures.
- Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in injuries and prevalence caused by sports, launch, and addition of new techniques and devices are the major factors affecting the ACL reconstruction market positively. The growing participation of children in sport activities and organized sports, such as football, soccer, and basketball, is result in a higher incidence of ACL injuries, and is generally observed in skeletally immature athletes. This rise in number of ACL injury cases is setting in motion the demand for knee reconstruction devices. There are also various advances in the techniques for surgery, increase in geriatric population with rise in level of obesity and various diseases that are expected to drive the ACL reconstruction market growth. In addition, there have been various R&D activities going on with innovative therapies and different product launches, thereby boosting the growth of the knee reconstruction market. On the other hand, expensive knee-related surgeries in developing and underdeveloped countries where the compensation rates are low with poor healthcare systems are the major challenges for patients.
New product launches to boost the market
On August 23rd, 2019, Fuse Medical launched a new Sterizo Total Knee Replacement System. It is the latest technology and offers a wide range of size and multi stabilization options such as ‘Cruciate Retained’, ‘Ultra Congruent Anterior Stabilized’, and Posterior Stabilized. This benefits the surgeons in performing the total knee replacement therapy. On April 10th, 2017, Microport Orthopedics introduced two new knee replacement-based products “Evolution Revision Tibial System” and “Evolution BioFoam Tibia”. These products fix the low quality of bone stock and surgeons can broaden choices while treating their patients.
Surge in usage in hospital applications
Increase in players in the sports field gave rise to an exponential growth in ACL injury cases, which increases the demand for ACL reconstruction devices and techniques in hospitals.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ACL reconstruction market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ACL reconstruction market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the ACL reconstruction market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the ACL reconstruction market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the ACL reconstruction market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
ACL Reconstruction Market Report Highlights
By Procedure Type
By Fixation Type
By End Users
Key Market Players
Arthrex Inc., Corin, Smith & Nephew, United Orthopedic Corporation, Japan Medical Dynamic Marketing, Stryker Corporation, DJO Global, DePuy Synthes, Tornier Inc., Exactech Inc.