Acne is a long-term skin disease that appears because of clogged hair follicles, dead skin cells, and oil excreted from skin. It is characterized by presence of considerable number of pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, oily skin, and probable scarring. It generally affects skin type with comparatively high number of sweat glands at upper part of chest, back, and face. Genetics is considered to be responsible in 80% of the acne-affected cases. The treatment options for acne include medical procedures, medications, and lifestyle changes.
Growth in incidences of acne and unhealthy urban lifestyle are expected to contribute towards market growth. In addition, increase in demand for acne treatment products and presence of robust medical products in the pipeline are anticipated to boost the demand for acne products. However, side effects of acne medication and presence of alternative treatments are expected to hinder the market growth.
The global acne medication market is segmented based on drug class, route of administration, type, and region. By drug class, it is classified into antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, antimicrobials, combination drugs, hormonal agents, oral retinoids, and topical retinoids. Based on route of administration, it is bifurcated into topical and oral. Based on type, it is divided into prescription drugs and OTC drugs. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed at the country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Pfizer, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc., Amgen, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly and Company, Mylan N.V., and Daiichi Sankyo Company, Ltd., are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis, current trends, and future estimations of the global acne medication market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Acne Medication Market Key Segments:
By Drug Class
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs
- Combination Drugs
- Hormonal Agents
- Oral Retinoids
- Topical Retinoids
By Route of Administration
- Prescription Drugs
- OTC Drugs
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA