Acoustic windows are made by using acoustic interlayers to provide a dampening effect. They provide sound reduction and dampening solutions. The dampening effect reduces the amount of sound travelling through these windows, which keeps both, outside noise from interrupting work and focus as well as from stopping internal noise escape outside and reduce noise pollution and potential issues faced by neighbours.
Acoustic windows reflect majority of soundwaves and absorb those that it cannot reflect. They are used to mainly to reduce noise pollution, remove distracting interruptions, and for privacy & confidentiality concerns.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Coronavirus has affected import and export of construction materials. China is the largest exporter of construction materials globally. Negative trends in the economy of China are anticipated to reduce global import and export throughout the globe.
- Demand for new construction materials have witnessed a massive negative shift since the corona outbreak in December 2019, with manufactures and investors fearing an excessively receding economic growth.
- Travel prohibitions around the globe have affected trade of construction materials. Thus, supply and demand for construction materials are almost halted throughout the globe.
- Construction materials manufacturing companies located in China are the major sufferers of the virus outbreak, owing to lockdowns and unavailability of logistics in the region.
- The major hindrance for the global construction materials market comes from the orders of home quarantine by respective governments, which has led to discontinuing of production of construction materials.
- Decreased consumer demand and consumption has led to reduction and slowdown of sales of construction materials all over the globe over the course of the current economic year.
- Therefore, the global acoustic windows market is expected to be negatively affected in 2020.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
Acoustic windows find application in schools, hospitals, libraries, restaurants, commercial buildings, shopping malls, residential buildings, manufacturing plants among other application areas. Rise in global construction activities and increase in infrastructure development around the globe are expected to help the global acoustic windows market grow. Sound proofing or dampening is important to protect privacy and confidentiality. They are also important for keeping out unwanted noise from outside to stop health problems, loss of attention, and other related issues. Sound dampening is also required by manufacturing and production plants to reduce the amount of noise pollution being emitted. However, high cost of materials and installation of acoustic windows is a major restraining factor for the growth of the global acoustic windows market. Growing awareness of the problems and health concerns caused by noise pollution is expected to help drive the market growth and provide new opportunities for the global acoustic windows market in the future.
The global acoustic windows market trends are as follows:
Growth of commercial and residential construction and public infrastructure projects worldwide
Due to the factors of growing population, urbanisation and increased construction activity around the world, the global acoustic windows market is expected to expand. The number of industrial plants, manufacturing and assembly plants, commercial office spaces, shopping malls, and other public establishments are growing globally as global population and urbanization increases. Noise reduction is important in these application areas to reduce noise emission and maintain privacy as well as comfort. Schools, hospitals, libraries and other public facilities are being built, expanded or updated. Noise reduction and dampening is very important in both the educational sector as well as the healthcare sector and hence acoustic windows find application in these areas. Increasing number of nuclear families is expected to help the global residential construction sector grow. The growing inclination of people to improve their living and working comfort due to the rising disposable income levels worldwide is expected to help grow the global acoustic windows market. Public infrastructure expansion is expected to grow in the near future due to growing urbanization worldwide.
Rise in awareness regarding health problems caused by noise pollution
Growth in awareness regarding health problems caused by exposure to prolonged or excessive noise is expected to help the global acoustic windows market grow. Noise pollution can cause a wide range of health problems such as hearing loss, cardiovascular diseases, cognitive impairment, and tinnitus among others. It can also lead to excess stress, difficulty in concentration, communication problems and people may develop fatigue from lack of sleep. Unwanted noise can adversely affect productivity in the workplace and cause anxiety-related issues in the employees. The World Health Organization (WHO) did a study titled ‘Burden Of Disease From Environmental Noise’ in 2011, which analysed health problems caused by environmental noise from generated by planes, trains, vehicles, as well as other urban sources. The research found that health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, sleep disturbance, tinnitus, cognitive impairment in children, and annoyance can be caused by exposure to such elements. The WHO study also calculated the number of healthy years of life lost to human-induced dissonance (called “Disability Adjusted Life Years” or DALYs). The results conclude that at least one million healthy years of life are lost each year in Europe alone due to noise pollution (noise from industrial workplaces was excluded from the study). It was found that exposure to noise pollution has adverse effects on the health of the population and traffic noise was ranked second among environmental threats to public health after only air pollution. Noise pollution may also increase the risk of stroke, diabetes, and weight related issues. Noise pollution may also lead to lasting psychological issues such as annoyance, psychiatric disorders, personality changes, violent reactions, depression and anxiety.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global acoustic windows market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global acoustic windows market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global acoustic windows market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global acoustic windows market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Acoustic Windows Market Report Highlights
By Industry verticals
Key Market Players
Prominance, Koemmerling, NCL Wintech, Aluplast, Veka Ag, Rehau Window And Door System, LG Hausys, Deceuninck PVC Windows And Doors, Lesso Group And Kinbon