Acrylic ester is used in water-based coating solutions in various applications, such as construction, textiles, adhesives, detergents and others. It has replaced solvent based paints and sealants. High thermal stability and oil resistance are key features of acrylic esters. Its non-toxic nature is responsible for growing adoption in various industries. It is used as building blocks for industrial polymers.
Demand for coating from construction industry and expansion of butyl acrylates in China are factors propelling the world acrylic ester market. However, slow recovery of the U.S. housing market and variation in raw material prices are hindering growth in the market. Demand for PPMA resins and commercial production of bio-based acrylic acid derivatives are expected to create better opportunities in the market.
The world acrylic ester market is segmented into type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is further classified into methyl acrylate, ethyl acrylate, butyl acrylate, and 2-eh acrylate. Applications covered in the report are surface coatings, adhesives and sealants, plastic additives, detergents, and textiles. Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The key manufacturers operating in the market are Arkema SA, BASF SE, LG Chem Ltd., Evonik Industries, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc., OJSC Sibur Holding, Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd., Sasol Ltd., and The Dow Chemical Company. They have adopted various strategies, such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures, and others to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world acrylic ester market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world acrylic ester market.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments within the world acrylic ester market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
- The world acrylic ester market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Type
- Methyl Acrylate
- Ethyl Acrylate
- Butyl Acrylate
- 2-Eh Acrylate
- By Application
- Surface Coatings
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Plastic Additives
- By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
Key Market Players:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Arkema SA
- BASF SE
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Evonik Industries
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc.
- OJSC Sibur Holding
- Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
- Sasol Ltd.
- The Dow Chemical Company