Active Electronic Components Market Outlook – 2027
The global active electronic components market is experiencing significant growth and will grow considerably in the next few years. An electronic component refers to a basic physical device or entity in an electronic system which is used for affecting electrons or their associated field. Electronic components are of three major types, active electronic components, passive electronic components, and electromechanical components.
Active electronic components are devices having capable to amplify a signal and have electronic filter to generate power gain. Active electronic component can be oscillator, integrated circuit, or a transistor. These components function as an alternating current circuit in a device that works to increase or generate voltage, active power or current. All active electronic components require a source of energy to function, which is typically supplied from a DC circuit.
The global active electronic components market is segmented on the basis of product type, end user, and region. Based on product type, the active electronic components market is divided into semiconductor devices, vacuum tubes, and display devices. On the basis of end user, the market is segregated into information technology & semiconductor, automotive, consumer electronics, healthcare, aerospace & defense, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global active electronic components industry include Hitachi AIC Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Texas Instruments Inc., Analog Devices Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Panasonic Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, STMicroelectronics, Renesas Electric Corporation, and Maxim Integrated. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global active electronic components market.
Top Impacting Factors
The increasing penetration of smartphones & other wearable devices and industrial automation has augmented the demand for active electronic components. The increasing demand for active electronic components from automotive and healthcare sectors and growing adoption of MEMS technology boost the active electronic components market. The rising modernization of vehicles and increasing demand for technologically advanced vehicles have accelerated the adoption of active electronic components.
The growing applications of active electronic components in consumer goods & wearable and growing adoption of renewable energy resources fuel the growth of the market. The increasing use of active electronic components in connected devices boosts the adoption of active electronic components worldwide.
The rising concerns regarding energy efficiency and wide scale adoption of internet of things (IoT) are encouraging market players to introduce low-cost energy-efficient active electronic components. The growing technological advancements and growing demand from emerging economies would drive the active electronic components market growth during the forecast period.
Advancements Active Electronic Components to Boost the Market
The advancements across active electronic components have resulted into micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS). Mobile phones are an example in which housing motion sensors, gyroscopes microphones, and speakers are integrated while automotive micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) can also be found in emissions control, braking systems and navigation. Opportunities for MEMS devices are rising across many other applications, including drug delivery systems and biomedical sensors. These factors fuel the demand for active electronic components.
Rising Demand in Automotive and Industrial Applications
In the past, the adoption of active electronic components was only limited to a few applications such as printed circuit boards and consumer electronics. However, the use of these devices has increased in military, space & satellite technology, and automobiles applications.
The increasing adoption of renewable energy and growing trend for the use of electric and hybrid vehicles are propelling the market growth for active electronic components. Several renewable energy fixtures or equipment comprises devices such as UPS & invertors, panels, and solar turbines. These devices constitute active electronic components such as photodiodes and photo-transistors.
Furthermore, with the advancement and innovation in technology, the demand for small mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and PDA, has increased, which is resulting in the growing demand for active electronic components. In addition, the demand for miniaturized electronic components is fueling with the new developments taking place in wearable devices such as smart watches and smart wrist bands (fitness bands).
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global active electronic components market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global active electronic components market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global active electronic components market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed active electronic components market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting society and the overall economy globally.
- The overall impact of the pandemic is impacting the production process of several industries, including semiconductor & electronics and many more.
- Trade barriers are further constraining the supply and demand outlook. As the governments of different countries have already declared total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process is adversely affected. Therefore, the overall market has been hampered globally.
- However, the electronics component shortages have become the norm for the electronics industry. This provides lucrative opportunities for the components manufacturers across the market during post-pandemic.
Questions Answered in the Active Electronic Components Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the active electronic components market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the active electronic components market size?
- How the current active electronic components market trends that will influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Active Electronic Components Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Avnet, Arrow Electronics, Tyco Electronics, Texas Instruments, ETA-USA, Molex, Murata, Vishay, Linear Technology, Panasonic