Active ingredient is a chemically active pharmaceutical drug. It finds major applications in pharmaceutical and insecticides where the mixture figure of active ingredients and other substances are formulated to improve the effects of pharmacological and pesticides activities.
The global rise in population has triggered the demand for active ingredients in pharmaceutical applications. In addition, the growing demand for innovative therapeutics for treatment of critical diseases such as cancer is expected to fuel the demand for active ingredients. The government approval on new pharmaceutical formulations is projected to witness growth in the pharmaceutical market. Furthermore, the growing demand for youth centric products have increased the application of active ingredients, which is likely to generate potential growth opportunities. With the advent of research on specialty drugs and development in generic medicines, the market is expected to gain traction in pharmaceutical industries. The increase in demand for anti-aging products is likely to result in the growth of the personal care segment. Limited availability and high cost of raw materials are expected to hinder the market growth. However, change in lifestyle coupled with growth in beautification products are expected to raise the market demand and create lucrative opportunities.
Europe and North America have been the major market drivers for active ingredients owing to the increase in governmental focus on generic medications coupled with the demand for skin care products. The Asia-Pacific and LAMEA regions are expected to witness an increase in the demand for active ingredients owing to the increase in macroeconomic factors.
The report on the active ingredients market is segmented based on application, end user, and geography. Based on application, it includes pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, insecticides, and others. Based on end user, the market is categorized under healthcare, personal care, agricultural, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Top market players in the global active ingredient market include BASF SE, The Dow Chemicals Company, Ashland Inc., Rhodia, Du Pont, Sumitomo Group, LOral S.A., Beiersdorf AG, Sederma Inc., and Evonik Industries.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations that assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on the global active ingredients market.
- In-depth coverage of the market including drivers, restraints, and opportunities helps professionals to better understand the market behavior.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships, and acquisitions in the market is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the market and assists strategists in better decision-making.
- Pinpoint analysis of geographical segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the market.
Active Ingredients Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Sederma Inc., Rhodia, Du Pont, The Dow Chemicals Company, Beiersdorf AG, BASF SE, Ashland Inc., Evonik Industries., Sumitomo Group, LOral S.A.