Acupuncture is a component of traditional Chinese medicine. It is an alternative medicine wherein needles are inserted at specific pressure points in the body to stimulate the nerves. It is majorly used to treat body pain relief, headache, migraines, joint conditions, post-operative pain, nausea, menstrual cramps, insomnia, speech disorders, and paralysis. It is also used to treat emotional disorders (anxiety & depression), digestive disorders (nausea, vomiting, & irritable bowel syndrome), respiratory conditions (asthma & sinusitis), and is beneficial in alcohol additions, chemotherapy, and gynaecological disorders (infertility).
The growing prevalence of diseases, trend of sedentary lifestyle, obesity, and alcohol addiction have led to complications such as body pain, sleep disturbances, and emotional disorders. Increasing health complications in geriatric population and increasing prevalence of gynaecological disorders due to hectic lifestyles drive the acupuncture needles market growth. Moreover, no severe side effects when compared to medications, reduction in dependency on medications, and unpleasant medical procedures have fuelled the acupuncture demand, thereby driving the acupuncture needles market.
However, acupuncture treatments require regular follow-up, which is not possible for all patients. In addition, adverse effects such as bleeding, infection, and pain due to needles, high costs, and no insurance coverage for acupuncture treatment hamper the market growth. All the same, increasing awareness of acupuncture treatment is anticipated to provide new opportunities for the acupuncture needles market.
The market is segmented on the basis of product, type, end-users, and geography. Based on product, the market is categorized into disposable needles and non-disposable needles. Based on type, the market is segmented into stainless steel, gold, and silver. Based on end-users the market is segmented into clinics, hospitals, and others. Based on geography, the global acupuncture needles market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global acupuncture needles market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 20172023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Acupuncture Needles Market Key Segment:
- Disposable Needles
- Non-disposable Needles
- Stainless Steel
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Seirin Corporation
- Empecs Medical Co. Ltd.
- Suzhou Tianxie Acupuncture Instruments Co., Ltd.
- AcuMedic Ltd.
- Qingdao Great Fortune Co., Ltd.
- AcuSupply Inc
- 3B Scientific GmbH
- Lhasa OMS, Inc.
- Asia Med GMbH
- Cogmedix, Inc.