Acute Intermittent Porphyria Market Overview 2030
Acute intermittent porphyria (AIP) is an inherited metabolic disorder. It affects the production of heme, which is a prosthesis of hemoglobin that binds to oxygen. It is caused by low levels of porphobilinogen deaminase. The main causes of acute intermittent porphyria are insomnia, anorexia and urine color, myalgia and urinary retention. Acute intermittent porphyria can lead to the formation of liver tumors (hepatocellular carcinoma) and kidney failure. Problems related to gastrointestinal, urinary tract problems, psychological problems, and neurological problems are the symptoms of this disease. Porphyria is caused by the development of chemicals in the body, which produce a substance called porphyrin. Panhematin, givlaari, chlrpromazine, and hemin are some medications, which can be used for the treatment of this disease.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the acute intermittent porphyria market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Surge in incidence of metabolic disorders across the globe, rise in cases of lifestyle related disorders, increase in prevalence of rare diseases, surge in geriatric population, rise adoption of sedentary lifestyle, and surge in patient pool suffering from urinary tract issues are the major factors that drive the growth of the acute intermittent porphyria market.
- In addition, increase in investment on healthcare sector, emerging economies in developing countries, rise in demand of early diagnosis of rare diseases, increase in R & D activities for launch of approved novel therapeutic drugs for treatment of acute intermittent porphyria, rise in growth of biotechnology & pharmaceutical ventures, and rapidly improving innovations in healthcare sectors are some factors that boost the growth of the acute intermittent porphyria market.
- However, high cost associated with use of acute intermittent porphyria treatment restrain the growth of the market.
- Contrarily, growth opportunities in emerging markets is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
R&D Activities for Launch of Novel Products
In 2021, as per the research published by Pubmed new technological development is focusing on stabilization of Hydroxymethylbilane Synthase gene (HMBS) and Proteostasis in human body for the treatment of rare acute intermittent porphyria.
In 2019, New England Journal of Medicine announced the completion of phase 1 trial of givosiran. This drug can be used in treatment of acute intermittent porphyria.
- This study presents the analytical depiction of acute intermittent porphyria market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the acute intermittent porphyria market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the acute intermittent porphyria market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Acute Intermittent Porphyria Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the acute intermittent porphyria market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "acute intermittent porphyria"?
- What is "acute intermittent porphyria" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "acute intermittent porphyria" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "acute intermittent porphyria" market report?
Acute Intermittent Porphyria Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Nurotron Biotechnology Co. Ltd., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Sonova Holding AG, ACON Laboratories, Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., ARKRAY, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, C. R. Bard, Inc., Siemens AG, Sysmex Corporation, Danaher