Acyclovir is an antiviral medication that is used to treat infections caused by the herpes simplex virus. There are also few side effects caused by them such as nausea and diarrhea.
Factors such as increase in population growth, rise in geriatric population, introduction of nanotechnology to develop antiviral medication, increasing prevalence of viral diseases, and technological advancements in the development of antiviral medications drive the market growth. However, high cost of antiviral drugs and stringent regulatory approvals restrain the market growth. But a rise in the need for broad spectrum drugs and application of antiviral in the pharma market increase opportunities for the market growth.
The acyclovir market is segmented on the basis of types of herpes virus, mechanism of action, application, and region. On the basis of types of virus they are segmented into herpes simplex virus type I (HSV-1), herpes simplex virus type II (HSV-2), Varicella zoster virus (VZV), Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), and cytomegalovirus (CMV). Based on mechanism of action, the market is segmented into nucleotide polymerase inhibitors, reverse transcriptase inhibitors, protease inhibitors, and others. Based on application, the market is categorized into HIV, hepatitis, herpes simplex virus, influenza, and others. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players in the market include Agio Pharmaceuticals Limited, Synmedic Laboratories, Zee Laboratories Ltd, Cipla Inc., Bhavishya Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Geo Pharma Pvt Ltd, Finecure Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Novus Life Sciences Pvt Ltd, Talent Laboratories, and Adley Formulation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps understand the antiviral drugs used to treat the antiviral diseases.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Global Acyclovir Market Key Segments:
By Types of Virus
- Herpes Simplex Virus Type I (HSV-1)
- Herpes Simplex Virus Type II (HSV-2)
- Varicella Zoster Virus (VZV)
- Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
By Mechanism of Action
- Nucleotide Polymerase Inhibitors
- Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Protease Inhibitors
- Herpes Simplex Virus
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA