Adsorbents Market Analysis:
Adsorbent is a material that can accumulate liquid or gas on the surface of a solid material. This process is called adsorption, and is used to extract pollutants with the help of activated carbon or silica gel.
Adsorbents are highly porous substances in which air passes through a bed of solid adsorbents. As the air passes, the unwanted particles contained in the air are attracted by the adsorbents. The adsorption involves the whole volume of materials, hence, it is called surface phenomenon. Furthermore, adsorbents are composed of different raw materials such as coal, coconut, bauxite, and silica. They are usually available in the form of rods, mold, and spherical pallets. Adsorbents are widely used for purification purposes in industries, thus, the market is expected to witness a significant growth during the forecast period.
COVID-19 impact analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 outbreak has positively impacted the global adsorbents market. This is attributed to rise in utilization of adsorbents in pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical formulations. Moreover, the use of adsorbents for dehumidification process and instrumental air drying in pharmaceutical industry has significantly contributed toward the growth of market during this crisis.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The adsorbent has a high demand in the industrial process for purification purposes, which acts as the major driving force of the global absorbents market. In addition, adsorbents are extensively used for the removal of sulfur and water from the product streams in the petrochemical industry and are largely required for petroleum refining. The market is further driven by the expansion of the oil & gas industry, increase in need for wastewater treatment, and rise in concern toward environmental issues, as adsorbents emit no carbon dioxide and are safe chemicals. Moreover, adsorbents provide resistance to abrasion and exhibit high thermal stability. However, adsorption is an exothermic process that leads to poor heat transfer and can manifest itself in rising temperature; this is the major restraint of the adsorbents market.
New product launches to flourish the market
The major market players have taken the necessary steps to improve the accuracy of absorbent and overall functionality. Axens Solutions manufactures regenerative adsorbent known as AXSORB. This adsorbent offers enhanced properties such as safe operating conditions in dehydration process. In addition, recent developments have enhanced the use of adsorbents in post-combustion purposes. Adsorption can capture carbon dioxide in air that helps in lowering the level of global warming.
Surge in usage in commercial and chemical applications
Mounting utilization of adsorbents in oil refining process, petrochemical industry, water treatment, and others such as in gas industry, aviation military equipment, and food industry have boosted the growth of the overall market. Leading market players have improved the efficiency of chromatography adsorbents such as aluminum oxide chromatography adsorbents, flash chromatography adsorbents, and silica gel column chromatography adsorbents. These adsorbents have gained significant traction in the market, owing to their utilization in purification of antibiotics, enzyme purification, and isolation of glycosides. Moreover, adsorbents are extensively utilized in purification of dyes, alkaloids, amino acids, purification of organic solvents, and others such as in cosmetic product packaging.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global adsorbent industry along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the adsorbents market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the adsorbents market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global adsorbents market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global adsorbents market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of the market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
- What are the emerging key segments in the adsorbents market?
- What are the major changes and assessments in market dynamics?
Adsorbents Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Cbot Corporation, Sorbead India, Arkema S.A, W.R. Grace & Company, WestRock, Global Adsorbents Pvt. Ltd., Axens Solutions, DORF KETAL, BASF SE, Graver Technologies, Axens S.A