Advanced Glass Market Overview:
Global Advanced Glass Market was valued at $43,328 million in 2015 and is expected to garner $70,254 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period. Advanced glasses are specialized grades of glass manufactured using advanced technologies and substances, which possess specific properties such as resistance to UV rays, solar control, and security for certain end-use industries.
Increase in urbanization has fueled the development of building & construction industry, which in turn drives the growth of the global advanced glass market. In addition, rise in demand for value-added materials in housing drives the market growth. Moreover, extensive range of design flexibilities provided by advanced glass is expected to boost the market growth in the near future. However, high raw material prices is expected to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The global advanced glass market is segmented based on product type, function, end-use industry, and geography. On the basis of product type, the market is classified into coated glass, laminated glass, toughened glass, and ceramic glass. By function, it is categorized into safety & security, solar control, optics & lighting, and high performance. According to end-use industry, it is divided into building & construction, aerospace & defense, automotive, electronics, sports & leisure, optical, and others. Each end-use industry is subsegmented into product types as coated glass, laminated glass, toughened glass, and ceramic glass. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America is expected to dominate the global market by 2022.
The prominent players have adopted product launches and collaborations as their key strategies to gain substantial share in the market.
The Key Players Profiled in the Report are
- Asahi Glass Co.
- Saint Gobain
- Advanced Glass & Mirror, Inc.
- PPG Industries
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- Corning Inc.
- Guardian Industries
- Sisecam Group
Advanced Glass Market Key Benefits
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the advanced glass market.
- In-depth analysis of market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2014 and 2022 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors of advanced glass helps to understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market is provided.
- The report conducts extensive analysis of the market by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the industry.
- Market share for all segments with respect to each geography is detailed in the report, which helps to understand the trends in the industry at granular level.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the industry trends.
Advanced Glass Market Key Segments
- Safety & security
- Solar Control
- Optics & Lighting
- High Performance
By Product Type
- Coated Glass
- Laminated Glass
- Toughened Glass
- Ceramic Glass
By End-Use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Aerospace & Defense
- Sports & Leisure
- North America
- South Africa
Other players in the value chain include
- Occipital, Inc.
- Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited
- Gentex Corporation
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Huihua Glass Co. Ltd.
- SCHOTT AG
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.