Advanced packaging techniques uses an integrated circuit (IC), which is encapsulated in a supporting case that prevents physical damage and corrosion of the metallic parts. This case is called as package that support electrical contacts connected to the device to a circuit board. Advanced packaging manufacturers produce various types of ICs according to the requirements in the packaging. The type of package used depends upon different parameters such as size, power dissipation, field-operating conditions, and its cost.
The global advanced packaging market is driven by its advantages over conventional packaging technologies, imminent requirement for size reduction in electronic devices, and less power consumption. However, the heating problem in devices restrains the market growth. Furthermore, rise in investment of R&D activities and continuous improvement of these technologies provide new opportunities for the players operating in the market.
The global advanced packaging market is segmented based on type, industry vertical, and geography. Based on type, it is classified into 3D integrated circuit, fan out silicon in package, fan out-wafer lever package, 3D wafer level package, wafer level chip scale package, 2.5D, and flip chip. Based on application, it is divided into consumer electronics, IT & telecommunication industrial, automotive & transport, healthcare, aerospace & defense, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
The major companies profiled on the report include ASE Group, Amkor Technology, Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. (SPIL), STATS ChipPAC Pte. Ltd., Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology Co. Ltd., SSS MicroTec AG., International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), Intel Corporation, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global advanced packaging market along with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with the impact analyses.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017 to 2023 is provided determine the financial potential of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis provided a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders.
Advanced Packaging Market Key Segments:
- 3D Integrated Circuit
- 2D Integrated Circuit
- 2.5D Integrated Circuit
- Fan Out Silicon in Package
- Fan Out Wafer Lever Package
- Wafer Level Chip Scale Package
- Flip Chip
By Industry Vertical
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunication
- Automotive & Transport
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- ASE Group
- Amkor Technology
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. (SPIL)
- STATS ChipPAC Pte. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology Co. Ltd.
- SSS MicroTec AG.
- International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- Intel Corporation
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company