Aero Engine Fan Blades Market Outlook - 2027
An aero engine fan blades is the individual component, which makes up the turbine section of a gas turbine or steam turbine. The blades are responsible for extracting energy from the high temperature, high pressure gas produced by the combustor.
Aero engine fan blades are often limiting the component of gas turbines. In addition, to survive in this difficult environment, turbine blades often use exotic materials like super alloys and many different methods of cooling that can be categorized as internal and external cooling and thermal barrier coatings. Blade fatigue is a major source of failure in steam turbines and gas turbines. Fatigue is caused by the stress induced by vibration and resonance within the operating range of machinery. To protect blades from these high dynamic stresses, friction dampers are used.
Blades of wind turbines and water turbines are designed to operate in different conditions, which typically involve lower rotational speeds and temperatures.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Aero engine fan blades market is one of the significant market for aircraft sector.
- Aero engine fan blades market provides one of the most essential and critical component of aircraft, i.e., fan blades
- Aero engine fan blades market is dependent on aircraft sector for demand, however, aircraft sector is performing well since the epidemic has started and all business activities are closed till situation becomes favorable for resume business
- Also, almost all airline services remain closed for over two month, which caused huge loss.
- In addition, many small vendors and OEMs from aircraft industry are unable to do business due many structural constraints such as absence of liquidity in market and business restrictions due to COVID-19.
- However, this situation is expected to improve as government has started relaxing norms around the world for resuming business activities.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The fan blades are created through the build-up of hundreds of layers of carbon-fiber materials, pre-filled with toughness-enhanced resin material. Heat and pressure are then applied, and each blade is finished with a thin titanium leading edge, which protects against erosion, foreign objects, and bird strikes. Therefore, for any aircraft, fan blades plays a critical role while supporting aircraft’s during its operational stage. This is the significant driver for Aero Engine Fan Blades Market.
In addition, many airlines are emphasizing for requirement of new fleet of airlines which can cater rising middle class around the world. The concept of no frills airline or budget airlines will further fuel Aero Engine
Fan Blades Market.
Furthermore, armed forces around the world are purchasing new aircraft under their armed modernization program. This is being done with an objective to prepare their soldiers for any emergency like situation. This again drive the need of Aero Engine Fan Blades in the aircraft sector.
Aero Engine Fan Blades Market trends are as follows:
Rolls Royce Trent fan blades
Recently, Rolls-Royce has started manufacture of the world’s largest fan blades, for its UltraFan demonstrator engine. Significant feature of these fan blades that they are able to deliver maximum fuel burn efficiency and low emissions and advanced ceramic matrix composites – heat resistant components that operate more effectively in high turbine temperatures. It’s a geared design to maximize high-thrust, high-bypass ratio engine efficiency.
Furthermore, this blade provides efficiency and sustainability, offering a 25 per cent fuel reduction compared to the first generation of Trent engine, and deliver the same percentage reduction in emissions.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aero engine fan blades market for military and aerospace along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of aero engine fan blades market for military and aerospace share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight aero engine fan blades market for military and aerospace.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed aero engine fan blades market for military and aerospace analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in aero engine fan blades market for military and aerospace report:
- Which are the leading players active in the aero engine fan blades market for military and aerospace?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aero Engine Fan Blades Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
GE Aviation, IHI Corporation, CFM International, GKN Aerospace, Arconic, Engine Alliance, Safran, C-FAN, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce plc