An aerobridge is a surrounded moveable or fixed connector, which is extended from an airport terminal gate to an aircraft for passenger boarding and disembark from an aircraft. An aerobridge is also known as jetway, airbridge, gangway or skybridge. The aerobridge are attached at one point of the terminal by a pivot and can be moved left or right, raised or lowered, retracted or extended according to the aircraft position and size of the aircraft. An aerobridge can provide with enhanced and comfortable access to aircraft, especially for disabled, children and elderly passengers. The aerobridges also provide shelter to the passenger during rain and other weather conditions. Many security agencies prefer aerobridge over ferry bus to avoid vehicular traffic, risk of accident and acts of terror.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has forced many companies in the global aerobridge market to halt their business operations to comply with new government regulations for curbing the spread of COVID-19. This pause in operations directly impacts the revenue flow of the global aerobridge market.
- The building construction and maintenance industry is at a standstill due to the lockdown imposed by governments around the world to reduce exponential spread of the deadly virus.
- There is halt in production of construction materials as well shortage of raw materials. In addition, no new consignments are being received by the companies operating in this sector. Therefore, some companies that are permitted to resume their operations are unable to do so, owing to the unavailability of raw materials.
- Many governments around the world have permitted to begin construction activities, however, employers have to follow certain measures to provide a safe and healthy workplace for the same.
- Halt in construction activities and lockdowns for several months have affected the market of global aerobridge all over the world, with slow recovery is expected during 2020-2027.
- Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
- Increasing passenger traffic at domestic as well as international airports is expected to drive the market. Surge in large scale infrastructure projects worldwide and rising population, urbanization and disposable income of people globally are expected to drive the growth of the global aerobridge market. In developing countries many domestic as well as international airports are not equipped with aerobridges, which possess a potential opportunity for the market to grow in future. The high cost of the aerobridges and their installation are limiting the small and medium sized airports to use aerobridges.
The global aerobridge market trends are as follows:
Surge in large scale infrastructure projects
Public infrastructure expansion projects continue to grow globally. The rapid increase in construction of new airports across the globe is boosting the market for aerobridge. More the airports, more will be the air traffic worldwide, which in turn will increase the interest of modern aircrafts among the aircraft manufacturers. The construction of new and modern airports demands for all the modern technologies to make it more convenient for the passengers as well as the airlines crews. Aerobridges makes it convenient to board or disembark an aircraft in any weather conditions without being exposed to the environment. In developing countries many domestic as well as international airports are not equipped with aerobridges, which possess a potential opportunity for the market to grow in future. Countries such as Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam, and Brazil among others are still not equipped with aerobridges in all the domestic and international airports. In addition, major airliners are introducing their fleets to untapped regional routes in order to facilitate business and leisure travel. Due to this, various small and medium airport authorities have increased their focus on upgrading their airports with an objective to enhance passenger convenience.
Population, urbanization and disposable income
According to data of United Nations (UN) more than 54% of global population is living in urban areas, which is generating employment opportunities and improving income level of individuals. Due to the factors of growing population, urbanization and increased standard of living of consumers around the world, the global aerobridge market is also set to grow. With rising disposable income around the world, more and more people are choosing air travel over other modes of domestic or international travel because of the time saved, added comfort and other related factors. Aerobridges were mainly introduced for passenger comfort. Passengers with disabilities face difficulty in climbing up and down the stairs laid on the apron to board a flight. These passengers usually require the help of crew to board and disembark from an aircraft. This slows down the boarding process and increases the layover time for flights causing delays. Use of aerobridges assist such passengers with mobility impairments and allow smoother operations. The aerobridges are safe and secured as once they get attached to the aircraft door, the bridge is fixed and cannot be moved without the operator. The safety of aerobridges over the conventional style of boarding the aircraft is fueling the aerobridge market to grow in the coming years. Aerobridges also shelter passengers from the weather, engine blast, and dust. This factor is also expected to help the global aerobridge market grow in the future.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global aerobridge market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global aerobridge market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global aerobridge market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global aerobridge market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Aerobridge Market Report Highlights
By Mobility Type
By Wall Structural Material
By Elevation System
By Industry verticals
Key Market Players
John Bean Technologies Corporation, Hubner GmbH & Co. Kg., Ameribridge, Inc., Airport Equipment Ltd., Thyssenkrupp AG, Adelte Group, Vataple Group Ltd., CIMC Group Ltd., Shinmaywa Industries Ltd., FMT Airport Gate Support Systems AB