Rise in disposable income, rapid urbanization and increasing health awareness have changed the lifestyle of consumers in developed and developing regions. Owing to the rising demand in numerous personal care applications including skincare, hair care, antiperspirants, deodorants, etc., there is an increasing adoption of aerosol propellants. Various environmental organizations are also facilitating the adoption of some eco-friendly aerosol propellants. For example, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has permitted the use of hydrocarbon aerosol propellants considering its zero risk toward ozone layer depletion. Moreover, increasing aging population is expected to boost the market due to the rising consumption of anti-aging cosmetics containing aerosol propellants. However, EPA has imposed conditional restrictions on the manufacturing and usage of various aerosol propellants including hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCF), Dimethyl Ether (DME) due to their adverse effect on health and environment. This is expected to restrain the global aerosol propellants market. The market holds immense future potential as increasing technological advancements and development by various companies are underway for the production of low-cost and eco-friendly aerosol propellants.
The global aerosol propellants market is segmented on the basis of type, application and geography. In terms of type, the market is segmented into compressed gas propellant and liquefied gas propellant. Compressed gas propellant is further segmented into carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide and nitrogen. Similarly, liquefied gas propellant is categorized into hydrocarbons, fluorocarbons and ethers. Among all aerosol propellant, hydrocarbons propellants, such as propane, isobutene and n-butane have low cost, less toxicity and high stability; therefore, these propellants caters wide range of applications in various industries.
Based on application, the market is segmented into household, personal care, medical, industrial and others. Personal care is the largest application segment as the demand of aerosol propellants in deodorant, skin care and hair care products is very high. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. In developed regions like Europe and North America, Aerosol propellant is largely used in various household and personal care applications.
The key players of the market are Aveflor, Honeywell, BOC Industrial Gases UK, DuPont, Aeropres Corporation, Lapolla Industries Inc., AkzoNobel, Bayer MaterialScience AG and Emirates Gas and SRF Limited. These companies are adopting various key business strategies like product launch and acquisition so as to maintain their competitiveness in the global market. For instance, in January 2015, SRF Limited has acquired DuPonts pharmaceutical propellant brand named Dymel for $20 million.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global aerosol propellants market including information about the current market situation, changing market dynamics, expected trends and market intelligence
- The factors that drive and impede the growth of the global aerosol propellants market are comprehensively analyzed in this study
- Porters five force model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of buyers and sellers operating in the market
- The report contains a comprehensive study of the key strategies adopted by companies to gain traction in the market
- Micro-level analysis is conducted based on various potential applications of aerosol propellants and their usage in different regions
- Exhaustive analysis of the Global aerosol propellant market by type helps in understanding the types of aerosol propellant are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
The global aerosol propellants market is segmented as below:
Aerosol Propellant Market - By Type
- Compressed gas propellants
- Carbon dioxide
- Nitrous oxide
- Liquefied gas propellants
Aerosol Propellant Market - By Application
- Personal care
Aerosol Propellant Market - By Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America