Filters are equipment that keep dirt, solid particles ,and debris from entering and accumulating in the aircraft engines, hydraulic system, aircraft cylinders, cabins, and others places. Air filters plays a very vital function in the maintenance and efficiency of the aircrafts. It aids in improving performance and efficiency, as well as supplying passengers with clean air. These filters help in reducing maintenance costs and ensures safer and smooth operation. Various manufacturers provides specific filters that can be used in low temperature environments, without the need for antifreeze or mechanical heating systems With rising disposal income of continuously expanding population around the globe, especially in the developing economies demand for aircrafts, rising demand for replacement of aerospace filters, rising demand for military UAVs and increasing regulations on emissions of aircrafts are some of the primary factors driving the growth of the global aerospace filters market during the forecast period. Aerospace filters are comprising of filtering materials, that help in separating impurities from fuels as well as prevent contamination of the fuel.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The outbreak of the disease is expected to moderately stifle market growth in the short term, owing to the temporary suspension of activities across the aviation sector as a result of government restrictions such as travel bans and nationwide lockdowns in many parts of the world, which have had a negative impact on the commercial aviation sector as the tourism sector is down. The logistics business was further damaged by global trade restrictions. Furthermore, a halt in aircraft production due to a lack of manpower and raw materials as a result of supply chain disruption might restrict market growth for the next six to eight months. As a result, the frequency of air travel has decreased significantly since the outbreak was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization, which is difficult to contain. Even though the pandemic's duration is still unknown, a drop in aircraft production and maintenance is expected in the short term. Thus, all such factors are anticipated to inhibit commercial aviation aircraft filter market growth.
Top impacting factor
- Short replacement cycle of aircraft filters, increase in demand for military UAVs, and production of strategic unmanned aerial vehicles/drones are major factors drives the growth of the aerospace filter market.
- Decline in orders for large aircraft, and stringent regulatory norms for development of new aircraft filters are the restraints that hindered the growth of the aerospace filter market.
- Emergence of aircraft manufacturers, and increasing demand for electric & alternate fuel aircraft offers an opportunity to the aircraft filter market.
Short replacement cycle of aircraft filters
The short replacement cycle of an aircraft filter is a key factor driving demand in the MRO segment. The replacement cycle of an aircraft filter depends on the number of flight hours and calendar days. This cycle can range from 6 months to 18 months, and from 300 flight hours to 3,500 flight hours. High passenger traffic means a high number of cycles for the aircraft filters. For instance, according to World Bank data, the number of passengers traveling by air increased around 6%, an increase of around 1.8 billion passengers in a decade. A similar increase in air traffic post will reinforce the demand for aircraft filters and drive the market.
Increase in demand for electric and alternate fuel aircraft
Significant research & development is being conducted in the field of electric and alternate fuel aircraft, such as hydrogen aircraft, to reduce the carbon footprint of aircraft in the long term. Since electric aircrafts are relatively simpler in construction, they require a lesser number of parts, including filters. Also, since there would be no fuel to be combusted, the need for fuel filters would be altogether eliminated. This could be a major challenge for aircraft filter manufacturers.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aerospace filter market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges the aerospace filter market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed aerospace filter market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the aerospace filter market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the aerospace filter market?
- What are the critical challenges faced by manufacturers in the aerospace filter market?
- What are the market trends, driving factor and opportunities involved in this market?
- What are the key segments covered in the aerospace filter market?
- What are the projection for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aerospace Filter Market Report Highlights
By Aircraft type
By Sales channel
Key Market Players
Donaldson Inc, Pall Corporation, Swift Filters Inc., Amphenol Corporation, Parker Hannifin Corporation, Porvair PLC, Camfil, Freudenberg & Co. KG, Recco Filters, Ltd, Eaton Filtration, Clarcor Inc., PTI Technologies, Purolator Facet, Inc., Holllingsworth & Vose, Norman Filter Company